Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Will do :) Easiest way to be kept in the loop with such developments would be to keep an eye on our section of the forum or our facebook page Mace Engineering Group | Facebook

If you want a drive in drive out service with before and after dyno results best to contact Custom Tuning Services in Cheltenham. As for whether or not the tunes work, I'm happy to offer people a refund and re flash back to factory if the gains aren't there. Going by kuzman89's experience with the product I dare that won't be happening all that often :)

As for power output which the internals can handle I dare say it would be a significant amount over the 300rwkw mark. I do know of a twin turbo alloyec making around 800hp @ 32psi at the wheels and the owner has done a couple of mods to it but nothing overly significant :) I dare say more about this build will be revealed sometime next year

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the info Steve. What sort of numbers do you expect we might see on your SIDI tunes with extractors and CAI...ie RWKW and Nm? Do you also expect similar gains with the Mace spacers on the SIDI as you would of with the previous alloytec?

Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Is that build being done by the editor of SC magazine?
Na that's a different one. Don't think that one will ever get finished :(

Thanks for the info Steve. What sort of numbers do you expect we might see on your SIDI tunes with extractors and CAI...ie RWKW and Nm? Do you also expect similar gains with the Mace spacers on the SIDI as you would of with the previous alloytec?

Cheers

Yes to the spacers and similar to what other tuned SIDI's are currently getting :)

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
My missus SVZ got an extra 25hp from a tune. What is everyone else getting out of them ?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
Tri-y is just a way to explain a design. You can't really have tri-y's on a V8 either, but people still refer to them a such.

Kuzman, I quoted my insurance premium for a 2003 model VY. It would be interesting to see what it costs you for the same thing. I can understand a VE costing more. They're more expensive to repair its as simple as that.

Mace - Sounds like the perfect motor to have some boost forced down their throat!

Tri-ys exist for V8 pacemaker make them among others. from my understanding tri-ys can only exist on a V8 sort of on a straight 6 but not a true tri-y. 2 Ys into 1 Y gives you 3 or tri ys in a straight 6's it's actually 3 Y into 2 into 1 or some cheaper brands 3 primaries into 2 into 1 i still see these called tri-ys

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
My missus SVZ got an extra 25hp from a tune. What is everyone else getting out of them ?

25rwhp peak is about average a good tuner will gain you alot in the 2000-400rpm range though. look at some of Dale's alloytec tunes i've seen him net as much as 40-50rwhp in that part of the rev range and thats where you want that power. too many tuners don't bother with the actual part of the rev range we use most.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
25rwhp peak is about average a good tuner will gain you alot in the 2000-400rpm range though. look at some of Dale's alloytec tunes i've seen him net as much as 40-50rwhp in that part of the rev range and thats where you want that power. too many tuners don't bother with the actual part of the rev range we use most.

Yeah...I'm hoping for a bit of a gain down low too...I don't really want to be ringing the cars neck all the time.

Edit: Not that I do that of course ;)

Last edited:

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed

Really? 40-50hp gains in the midrange on a completely stock vehicle ?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Really? 40-50hp gains in the midrange on a completely stock vehicle ?

Yep look up torquives car he got a che tune done and i believe he only has a K&n filter with a 2 hole mod but defiantly a stock exhaust and he got like 45rwhp gain through the mid range. the wonders of continuous cam phasing. problem is most tuners don't bother developing tunes for the alloytec they just play with the spark and fuel get a gain of 15-25 rwhp through the rev range take their money hand the keys back and are happy. talk to so many tuners and it scares me when they say holden got the cam phasing right from factory no need to touch it. obviously they didn't hence why Dale's getting the much bigger gains through the mid range.

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
had a SIDI in yesterday for extractors and cat back, then a tune, ended up at 187rwkw. unfortunatly i didnt get a chance to do a before run on it as i was in late. but it made 174 with the extractors and cat back