Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
mate the stock air box to CAI on a 6litre VE SS is only worth about 8rwkws why would that same airbox be restricting a 3.6l V6 more. i know there was some muppet on here claiming he gained 16rwkws or some rubbish from a growler on his SIDI. but if you apply logic it doesn't make sense. on my old sv6 the airhammer was the best intake i tested. and i gained 4.8rwkws on Dale's dyno over stock airbox with k&n panel filter. so probably about 5.8rwkws over a completely stock airbox. you are looking at about the same gain on an SIDI.

I may well have been that muppet :). Wasn't a claim as such just a reference Car Of The Month - Townsville Dyno and Tuning, Aitkenvale Auto and Dyno : turbo charging, super charging, engine tuning (Feb Car of the month). I wouldn't say that 16RWKW was a good call but the SIDI engines seem to react better to bolt on changes than the previous alloytec did. This doesn't mean a OTR would be even better than a pod though.

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
VCM and EFI will only ever cover the 3L, neither will do the 3.6L ever..

monaro all other SIDI have been manual..

the XR6 was a FG, stock manifold and cat with just a cat back..

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
I may well have been that muppet :). Wasn't a claim as such just a reference Car Of The Month - Townsville Dyno and Tuning, Aitkenvale Auto and Dyno : turbo charging, super charging, engine tuning (Feb Car of the month). I wouldn't say that 16RWKW was a good call but the SIDI engines seem to react better to bolt on changes than the previous alloytec did. This doesn't mean a OTR would be even better than a pod though.

i can post videos from youtube of cars gaining 15rwkws from 20% underdriven pulleys. the odd thing is this sort of thing only seems to happen at one workshop. and gains every where else in the world are more like 3-4rwkws.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
Jarp can you post your dyno graph i'm sure people would like to see the gains across the rev range. if it's anything like the old alloytec the gains in the lower rev range were usually very good.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Will try and get some electronic versions from Dale so I can post up otherwise will have to wait until I can scan.

T

tommySV6Ute

. the odd thing is this sort of thing only seems to happen at one workshop...

A previous car of mine had a stainless exhaust installed by D&T in Adelaide, the workshop fudged the dyno figures by one of their employee's opening the airbox up on the final run, it raised the final result. Not saying this is the case for what had occurred in your situation though..

Nice ongoing work with your ride there Jarp, leading the way for the rest of us :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
i can post the graph for you tomorrow,
from memory was about 25-30rwkw gain in the bottom..

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Will try and get some electronic versions from Dale so I can post up otherwise will have to wait until I can scan.

Just take a photo of the dyno sheet and post it up. I and a lot of other people are quite interested in the results.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Thanks Tommy...gotta say it's a much finer drive now.

Thanks Dale much appreciated.

Arronm ya just gonna have to wait. But as I said earlier data not really complete unfortunately so not sure if will satisfy all.

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
VCM and EFI will only ever cover the 3L, neither will do the 3.6L ever..

monaro all other SIDI have been manual..

the XR6 was a FG, stock manifold and cat with just a cat back..

Is there a reason why VCM/EFI live won't do the 3.6ltr i'm assuming SIDI ?