Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LCD IN-Dash VN-VS *LOOK*

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
it would be good if let us know how you did it like what did you use.

VTACCLAIM00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Series II 2000
nice job...........soooooooooo when u coming to put one of them in tha vt:p hehe

harvma20

CarPC[====----] 50% Comp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
nice job...........soooooooooo when u coming to put one of them in tha vt:p hehe

lol u amuse me, might have a new job at Northfield Car Sound soon, pretty excited, they were impressed with my install, so hope all goes well

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Guys....

I wanna do the same thing to my VR....I'm quite computer orientated (have built a couple of desktops before) but perhaps you could answer a couple of questions....

How do you power it? I'm a little concerned about making sure I'm not gunna burn wires out.
How does the boot up & shutdown/hibernation work? Off ignition or manual boot/shutdown?
Do u need to run 4 channel amp for speakers? I currently have an amp running the sub, but I'm thinking of putting in 5.1ch sound card in as well....
I've got my eye on an 8" touch screen on ebay. Do u have a keyboard connected or run off monitor?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
no radio reception yet :(

but the guys at www.mp3car.com were making a usb fm receiver that would work in a car last time i saw. must see how they went.

thats one thing i really do want, is radio.

sure ive got like 8000 songs (not bragging i know ppl with more)

but theres times you just wanna listen to the radio.
please OH please enlighten me as to ow the radio can be enjoyed? it wsounds like you have put a cat over the speaker, all muffled and flat.
i know some hosts are great but really the quality of the music is not too hot, yeah?!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, music sometimes isnt the best choice, but news and stuff comes in handy while in the car too

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeh, music sometimes isnt the best choice, but news and stuff comes in handy while in the car too
we agree exactly!
music is a big no-no but other talk back and news is different, UNLESS you have downloaded podcasts to your ipod and play the news/talk back from the ipod.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ipod?

pfft