Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LCD IN-Dash VN-VS *LOOK*

Ghost79

Thats How We Roll!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 S1 Berlina
any chance of posting a step by step guide on how you did that cos thats a great install im so gonna do that when i get my vs kool nice job, ohh and wat size screen and wat brand did you use. god dam you got me soo excited

Last edited:

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Now why was'nt that an optional extra in the hey day.
Should go without saying ''10/10 for effort there''.

harvma20

CarPC[====----] 50% Comp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Hey All,
Um the screen is 7"widescreen, some no name brand, come out of a dual screen portable setup, the "RTS part" i hacked it up only mine said "ABS/IRS":)
its still all good, im happy with it, hooked up a reverse camera aswell, the camera is so stealth u cannot c it where i put it lol, popped out the boot lock and replaced it with the camera worked a treat.
Currently pulled the PS2 out coz of new laws in QLD, if you are caught with it on and its in the drivers view its 3points and a $300+ fine, so till i hook it up "legally" it stays out. Ican have the reverse camera on whenever i want because it is classed as a "driving aid".

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
gotta love gps screen on the carpc, just click to it anytime, and its fine. tho, i dont bother with movies or games, so its always on music screen, which the cops that have pulled me over have never said anything.

Ghost79

Thats How We Roll!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 S1 Berlina
Hey All,
Um the screen is 7"widescreen, some no name brand, come out of a dual screen portable setup, the "RTS part" i hacked it up only mine said "ABS/IRS":)
its still all good, im happy with it, hooked up a reverse camera aswell, the camera is so stealth u cannot c it where i put it lol, popped out the boot lock and replaced it with the camera worked a treat.
Currently pulled the PS2 out coz of new laws in QLD, if you are caught with it on and its in the drivers view its 3points and a $300+ fine, so till i hook it up "legally" it stays out. Ican have the reverse camera on whenever i want because it is classed as a "driving aid".

hey thanks gonna try my best at doing it

harvma20

CarPC[====----] 50% Comp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
gotta love gps screen on the carpc, just click to it anytime, and its fine. tho, i dont bother with movies or games, so its always on music screen, which the cops that have pulled me over have never said anything.

Yeh about that, I have just put together a complete carPC, (well working pc, with xp) in an "Ampie"(VoomPC) case, the setup is suprisingly quick, what GPS software are you using and what adapter do you have, coz there is alot of Europe and US but havent seen much for Aust.
thanks if you can help me out

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
using destinator 3 maps with map monkey front end for gps.

usb gps adaptor is some cheap second hand unit i found on ebay, but the holux ones on ebay are alright.

Ghost79

Thats How We Roll!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 S1 Berlina
new plans gonna get a hardrive as well

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
if you do this setup you did harvma20, can u also hook up a GPS to it?? i absolutely love this setup :( i would like u to make it for me ;) pity i dont hav a car to put it in :p i would love to do this, but im not that handy when it comes to making things myself :p
so it is or isnt possible to add a GPS to it, but still keeping the H/U wit dvd and all that jazzz.... :)

cheers!!