Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Longest Lasting Tyres

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I use TOYO TEO's and will never use
anything else. I got three years out of
one pair and four out of another. They
are quiet on the road and grip like ****
to a blanket.The size I use are

225-50-16's.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Bought my 4.0 lt V6 2wd dual cab Hilux new in Sept 2007 replaced the original 15" with 16x7 alloys and fitted them out with Nankang 235/60-16 (100 load rated XR-611 Crossroader). After 81000km they,ve still got at least another 8-10,000km in em.From day one always ran 38psi in em,rotate them every 5000km,honestly cant fault them,I thought they might of got noisey near the end of their life but they proved me wrong,already got my next set lined up $140 a pop fitted and balanced,when I told the bloke I got them off about the milage they,ve done he just smiled and couldnt give a ****,all he mumbled about was; told you they were a good
allrounder,long lasting tyre,if that was bridgestone or dunlop you would of been looking at your 3rd set by now,definately worth a thought a1k3m1:idea3:

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Supercats. Last ages with regular rotation and alignments. They're made and sold by Bridgestone

Great all round tyre exclusive to Bridgestone, they are a cross breed between turanza & potenza (straight off the same production belt) at around 150 each (mine were 130 each a few months ago)

I also think longer lasting tyres have a lot to do with the wheel alignment too. From personal experience too much toe-in or toe-out can be just as bad for tyres as camber.

100% - this is the main reason for tyres being scrubbed out after 10 to 15 k, have zero tolerance for toe compensation - if they do this at a wheel alignment just go back again & again until they get it right - or resolve the issue.

Hey guys, Another Thread about Tyres...

My tyres are all scrubbed out on the inside, (Alignment problem?). So its time to get some new ones!

Im after a set of tyres that are the most longest lasting, (Im not interested in performance as its an everyday work car) I usually do massive KM's 80K+ a year. So buying expensive performance ones is just chewing through money.. So im after a good price / longevity life span ratio.

I perfer to buy the tyres from KMart Tyre & Auto, as i have some friends who can get discounts. So these are my options:
23540r18 - Tyre Dimensions > Tyres | Kmart Tyre & Auto Service

Thanks again guys!!

You want Kmart tyres so I guess you're limited to the range they have on offer, as above make sure to have the wheel alignment done properly with no toe compensation. This should see you getting plenty of Ks out of a cruiser type daily as stated. Don't get cheap tyres (it's like getting cheap shoes) a mid range type is the go for proper grip in all weather conditions, generally the more expensive tyres are for performance applications.

Last edited:

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
"cheap tyres" - please remember that all of your acceleration, all of your braking, and your steering, depend upon your tyres translating the driver's intention at the road surface.
There are a lot of things that I'd skimp on before tyres.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
"cheap tyres" - please remember that all of your acceleration, all of your braking, and your steering, depend upon your tyres translating the driver's intention at the road surface.
There are a lot of things that I'd skimp on before tyres.

Not always true, I find some 'cheaper' tyres such as federal and Achilles perform just as well if not better than some more expensive brands..