Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking for work (relocating from WA to NSW)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If that is one of the most ignorant and disrespectful things you've herd in a long time, you mustn't get out much.
Do you really think joining the army and changing your whole life and not seeing your wife and kids for weeks on end is a good idea?
Hey the guy is down on his job prospects, lets sign him up to the fight for his country.
I have the utter most respect for people who serve but advertising like joining the services is a good thing is wrong in my opinion.
Lets not loose sight of the whole reason your getting paid.
Its advertised as great friendship building and you get to see the world.
In reality your being trained to kill. I would say to the op no matter what you do, dont join the services because you cant find another job. Its not worth it!
Like I said you sound like a recruitment officer.
I don't see anywhere in the OP's post mention of a wife or kids.
As for being 'trained to kill', it depends on the position. I don't really think a communications officer is there to be 'trained to kill'.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
I don't see the OP mentioning he does not have a wife and kids. Kind of a mute point really.
That comment was more directed in general to kidds comment of traveling anyway.

The points I was making is joining the services because your strapped for cash, or as a last resort is not a good idea.
Also, the way he's advertising the forces ("you'll be rollong in cash") makes him sound like a recruitment officer.

Agree it depends on the roll/position. Maybe not trained to kill, how about trained to be killed?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Not a recruitment officer -.- But i've looked into joining a couple times.

You've been watching too many war movies i think.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
How did you come to that conclusion? Lol.
At the end of the day, The OP is going to check out repco.
Good luck with your job hunting mate.

Ps. I find most repco workers to be young women. Might just be my aera...

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Nothing wrong with suggesting the armed forces.
I've got a few mates and cousins in the army/navy. They all have a trade. Are well off. Have never shot at a human being.
One is retired at 50 and will never need to work again. He had been in the army for 30 years and has also never shot at any body.

So just because you are in the armed forces. Doesn't mean you are there to kill or be shot at.
You can also use it to get a trade.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Nothing wrong with suggesting the armed forces.
I've got a few mates and cousins in the army/navy. They all have a trade. Are well off. Have never shot at a human being.
One is retired at 50 and will never need to work again. He had been in the army for 30 years and has also never shot at any body.

So just because you are in the armed forces. Doesn't mean you are there to kill or be shot at.
You can also use it to get a trade.

apologies guys, should have said I haven't got a wife or kids, basically went to NSW for a holiday in May and met a girl and trying to get over there for good to be with her. I did look at Repco how ever all they had was a casual position not far from where I am looking at living. Looking at living in the Illawarra/Wollongong area.
If anyone sees anything or knows of anything please hit me up :)

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I'm from Wollongong. (One of the surrounding suburbs).
Very expensive down here. Where I live, $400k won't buy more than a tin shed. Renting isn't so bad though.

If you are buying. The only place I personally would consider living in would be Horsley. House and land packages going for a good price. It's a newer, nicer looking area.