Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just polished the scratches in the tank. I used some 2000 and 3000 then tried the blue drill cone. That didn't do much so switched to the rotary and the grey pad.

Some scratches were quite deep. Although they didn't fully come out, unless you look at the right angle you can't actually see them from a normal view.

The clear seems quite thick and I haven't come close to rubbing through but I'm not keen to go any further in case it does get thin.

20240331_161317.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Found a textile jacket on Marketplace which might fit. Having had an old Dry Rider I'm not keen on them as they just weren't warm enough. I may go have a look and try it on. I prefer leather but the sizings seem to be smaller than what they say on the tag. I have full race leathers but not overly keen on getting into them on my way to work and the wrestling them off to get changed when I get there.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Are they a good fuel source, as in plenty of heat & burn for awhile?
Its all i have on my acreage and it has to be split with the log splitter, ive bent 2 what are meant to be 30 tonne rams in doing it lol it burns hot and lasts a bit longer than other gums but is very splintery and hard on the hands and yes fortnightly emptying out the fire place

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Its all i have on my acreage and it has to be split with the log splitter, ive bent 2 what are meant to be 30 tonne rams in doing it lol it burns hot and lasts a bit longer than other gums but is very splintery and hard on the hands and yes fortnightly emptying out the fire place
When l was a kid we had solid fuel heater (forget the name of them). We ran briquettes in them. l had to clean it out every day before rellghting it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We only buy wood now, since moving from Mathinna. If someone delivered white gum I'd tell them to turn around and come back with some peppermint, iron bark or stringy. Not paying $200 m3 for anything but the good ****.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So anyone know if I can remove the lense covers? Both are starting to delaminate and look pretty average.

20240331_200342.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So anyone know if I can remove the lense covers? Both are starting to delaminate and look pretty average.

View attachment 266151
Are they the clear Perspex glass protectors like the Ventura brand?
Yeah should just pull off no worries.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Are they the clear Perspex glass protectors like the Ventura brand?
Yeah should just pull off no worries.
They are like a thick clear rubbery plastic contact that sticks to the actual lense. I really want to remove them. If you can confirm they are what you mentioned above I'll go out and pull them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looked up Ventura and only one hit. The Ventura one might be similar but they seem to be polycarb covers bit like cars have but with sticky spots to hold them in place. The ones I have, have sticky all over the back and adhere to the entire glass lense.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Peeled off those plastic stick on covers just now. They left a lot of sticky residue even with the use of a hair dryer. Did what @vc commodore suggested on wheel weight sticky residue and used some petrol. That seemed to help it ball up and rub it off. Then finished with some iso alcohol. There were actually three lights with the film, but I've left the front parker, as it's not coming off anywhere along the edges like the other two were.