Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think it’s a great thing that so many of us have a keen interest in following the experiences of a fellow Commodore owner.

So many people adding advice to help or just listening to the challenges faced.

Everyone has been right there with him, even though we haven’t been in his shed actually swinging a spanner.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
A shame it's ended this way but totally understand torment of do I reinvest more money, time , emotions and unfortunately alot of frustration at times as well.

Hopefully the new owner will invest in it as a project.
They don't all have to be big v8 or super6s.
This was at yesterday's club park up.
Didn't get to meet the owner but this so nice condition obviously refurbished, repainted etc.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/u9hIC1b.jpg[/img]']

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did you feel relieved?
Yeah I think I had to come to the realisation that I need to put a ton of time in to it to get it to where I would be happy with it. And I really thought it's time to let it go. To get it to the place where I would be totally happy with it, meant boost, whole front resprayed, tailgate resprayed, plus fixing the electricals to the point I was ok with. So in reality it needs $10k or taking off the road for two years so I can slowly call in favours.
I also didn't want to keep looking at it knowing how much time I need to spend on it, when I have sheds to wire up, yards to landscape and another house that I never quite got finished, while doing everything else like work and the wife.
It is a relief, because I just don't have time or money right now to tie up in a car that I can't use as a DD.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
It is a relief, because I just don't have time or money right now to tie up in a car that I can't use as a DD.

And that's it it's hard enough and frustrating enough sometimes doing them as a toy/ weekender without needing to be all good Monday morning for the weekly slog

I know it's going to be some time before but keen to what you do end up getting.

The neighbor totally surprised me and went and got a really nice ve Commodore ute.
Silver, 6 speed , pretty sure I sore an ssv badge on the tailgate .
All stock, don't know the klms ,he paided $21k very clean looking ute..

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... I never quite got finished, while doing everything ... and the wife....
Hahaha... almost laughed in my coffee :eek:

Yeah I’m juvenile sometimes :p:p:p

So what will you buy for a daily driver now? I assume you need some new wheels :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So what will you buy for a daily driver now? I assume you need some new wheels :cool:
Don't know, I'd like a more modern V8 Ute. But having seen a lot of threads with VZ, VE and VF having some pretty expensive problems I'm not so sure.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yeah the LS powered vehicles are very good value for money in regards to money invested and power up grades that can be done rather cheaply compared to the older 5L engines.