Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I now have $9k but want to try and save another $10 - $12k, if I can. Tired of owning old cars. Have never really owned something that I haven't had to spend a ton of money on. Dearest car I've owned was a $13k EF 14 or so years ago, that turned out to be a lemon. Got sold for 500 bucks just to get it out of my sight.
When you own a car, you can spend $100 000.00 buying it, but then keep reaching into wally (wallet) & keep spending. When you eventually get rid of it, next car (like where your at now) & its more money out from wally. Its the merry go round.
Good luck.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I now have $9k but want to try and save another $10 - $12k, if I can. Tired of owning old cars. Have never really owned something that I haven't had to spend a ton of money on. Dearest car I've owned was a $13k EF 14 or so years ago, that turned out to be a lemon. Got sold for 500 bucks just to get it out of my sight.

I hardly buy new, when I do, I keep the vehicles for over 10 years. If I can get 10 good years out of any vehicle, I do not really care on what is sold for. I still have an 03 Impala that my mum in law drives. Never tricked out, always maintained with OEM parts. I hate to give it away because still in great running order. One of these day might give it away, just to scale down my fleet.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
What' Losh going to do without this ute to continually repair?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
What' Losh going to do without this ute to continually repair?

and there it is, the subliminal comment that's been running on this thread for a few years now, but I will say that it's provided much entertainment for many members on here over the time this thread has been going strong. Some of us won't know what to do with our lives now. ;) ;) ;)

If he does the right thing he'll gain his mental health back and have his house paid off in a much shorter time I'd say.

..........................and the Tasmanian mechanical services will be freed up as well I'd say. :eek:

PS. I wonder if the new owner will become a member on here and start a new thread and keep it going for the next umpteen years for us ?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
and there it is, the subliminal comment that's been running on this thread for a few years now, but I will say that it's provided much entertainment for many members on here over the time this thread has been going strong. Some of us won't know what to do with our lives now. ;) ;) ;)
We’ve always got lash’s garage build thread to frequent and make us feel whole :p:p:p

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
It’s sad to hear that the ‘bus’ has been sold. I know Losh has put an awful lot of his time, money and emotional energy in to fixing up the ute.

On the flip side, I suspect that the well loved bus was actually holding Losh back as it was draining his time and wallet. It was probably very good for the Tasmanian economy!

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I suspect that the well loved bus was actually holding Losh back as it was draining his time and wallet.

and there it is .........AGAIN !

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I think, he should gamble some of his cash in the Crypto Exchange. If he loose all is like another money pit, if he makes it... might be able to get a nice HSV GTS-R Maloo.