Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowered ute too low for work

hobo123

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0 ute
gday people, recently bought a vs ute and it has been lowered with king springs. And i mean really low haha. Im a painter by trade therefore the tray is almost completely filled with a massive toolbox with all my tools in it, extra gear, a ladder etc and paint tins (keeping in mind every tin weighs about 15kg). I would like to raise the ride height, still with lowered springs but perhaps an inch higher. Would that help with scrape issues when dealing with speed bumps etc? Thankyou

andrew270681

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR
Post a picture of this car. I want to see how low it is.

My guess is if you raise it, (after sleeping on it and hours of thought lol) it wont scrape as much. I suppose it will depend on how big the speed hump is and how fast you take it. lol.

hobo123

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0 ute
i take em slow as heck on an angle haha im not exactly a car know it all so i thought id ask here. My question meant more that with such a heavy load in the back can i still have lowered springs. Thanks for the great non sarcastic replies!

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I cant help but laugh when i see a dumped ute. It's defeating the only reason for getting a ute - to carry ****!

On a serious note, you could get lows but nothing more. Or maybe air bags.

T-MaKK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY Executive
ok.. so there are lows, super lows and super super lows. (probably more)

depending on what is already on there will tell ya what you can go back to...
if u have super lows in drop back to lows. etc etc....

if it only has lows you'll have to drop back to stock.....

it might be worth finding another ute with lows/super lows and see what they look like just so your sure.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
i've got lows on my ute, and since its got standard bumpstops, theres only about 10 ish mm before its on them. when ya put some stuff in the back (i dont cart that much stuff, sometimes it might be 200kg) it doesnt drop very far and since its on the bumpstops it actually rides reasonable.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I cant help but laugh when i see a dumped ute. It's defeating the only reason for getting a ute - to carry ****

Wrong, the only reason for buying a ute is if you want to carry less passengers.

'oh sorry i can't take you somewhere, only have 2 seats'...;)

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
i've got lows on my ute, and since its got standard bumpstops, theres only about 10 ish mm before its on them. when ya put some stuff in the back (i dont cart that much stuff, sometimes it might be 200kg) it doesnt drop very far and since its on the bumpstops it actually rides reasonable.

You sir, are a dumbass. Removing your springs would have the same effect.