Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Not sure if anything changed in the rear suspension. My ute with Eibachs a few posts up is now sitting at 370 front and 375 rear (originally 400 all round). I could not be happier with the ride and look as it still has to be a functional work vehicle. The Eibachs that I bought were new but listed for a VE maloo (ebay)

I had noticed that some VF2s with Eibachs seem to sit higher in the front so I was a little concerned before fitting. I took particular note of the top spring plate going back in the original position as I believe this has been seen as causing height discrepancies. Not sure this answers your question but for me the springs worked out well.
I have eibachs on my sedan which sit lower at the back @ 355mm and higher at the front with 380mm on the left and 370 for the right. Is it possible to check of the spring plate has been fitted correcty without pulling everything apart? What's annoying me the most is the 1cm variance on the fronts

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
I'm no expert but I reckon it would be hard to see without pulling out the struts. Heights do seem weird given that the Eibachs are listed at 370-375. Yours is real low at the back for those parameters.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Yours is real low at the back for those parameters.
i know when i was enquiring about H&R springs for my VF2 i was told they would sit much lower than spec'd
but i think they might be same part numbers for VE. maybe eibach is the same?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone installed springs themselves into a VF2? Is there a possibility of forgetting to reinstall a seating of some sort that may cause a variane in height? Does anyone have a diagram for the front and rear suspension assembly?

Gmac 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-R Manual PBM Ute
I fitted Pedders XA's to my SSVR ute because I carry so much stuff in the tray and picking a regular height would not be possible with spring changes alone. Loaded my rear dropped about 70mm and the nose was pointing north. From memory, my rear had to be raise 35mm and front dropped about the same to level the ute. That sorted it looks great, handles terrific, but......and its a big but, it crashes over every tinny pothole and divot and don't get me started on speed humps, they're like driving over car park "wheels barriers?". I am running 20's but its not good.

I'm considering changing the front, back to a spring, albeit lowered just for the extra suspension travel the coil-overs don't offer. It may just be Pedder coil-overs but they're better suited to tracks than roads in my experience.

VF_CalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV L77
Has anyone installed springs themselves into a VF2? Is there a possibility of forgetting to reinstall a seating of some sort that may cause a variane in height? Does anyone have a diagram for the front and rear suspension assembly?
Hi, the VF2 rear struts are exactly the same type as VF and VE. Just that VF2 red line uses VF FE2 springs and shocks at the rear. If you forget to put the rubber in between the top hat and the spring it will make it sit lower and scratch up the hat every time the suspension moves! I would doubt that the suspension shop would stuff that up. The more common problem would be not rotating the spring and rubber properly into the seated position of the hat, but that would make your car sit higher not lower.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
I fitted Pedders XA's ... but......and its a big but, it crashes over every tinny pothole and divot and don't get me started on speed humps, they're like driving over car park "wheels barriers?". I am running 20's but its not good.
yep describes exactly how my VE handled with XAs and that was on 19s.
Even on a pretty soft setting it wasnt pleasant, and my car wasnt setup very low.

View media item 451

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
Dredging up an old thread again...
Ok going to lower my redline over Christmas break

Anyone notice or installed Eibach recently?
site Use to claim 375-370 front and rear where now “
Approximate Guard measrements (centre of wheel to edge of guard) after fitting.

365 mm - 370 mm Front and Rear”

Is it an updated model or just revised estimate?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dredging up an old thread again...
Ok going to lower my redline over Christmas break

Anyone notice or installed Eibach recently?
site Use to claim 375-370 front and rear where now “
Approximate Guard measrements (centre of wheel to edge of guard) after fitting.

365 mm - 370 mm Front and Rear”

Is it an updated model or just revised estimate?

Hey mate. I had them installed about a year ago and recently measure. Mien are a bit all over teh shop. One front is 380mm and the other is 370. and how much fuel is in the tank.
Backs are both sitting at about 360-365. but can fluctuate depending what is in the boot