Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Yeah went X-C with 10kg/11kg springs but pretty sure there 10kg front rear well thats what they sent me

Coilovers cost me $2100 delivered and $150 for a 4 wheel an camber adjustment. Fitted them myself

Josh, I just realised you have MCA coilovers. I just had a stealth 'street performance' set delivered yesterday. 10kg front and rear springs.

Would you mind positing a pic of the front shock tower in the engine bay? I'd like to see how they went in. (I think I have it worked out in my mind.) Did you lubricate the aluminium surfaces when fitting them to the strut tower or just assemble dry?

Feel free to email me pics if you'd prefer? [email protected]

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2016 VF II SSVR and it came already lowered. The dealer said it has factory shocks and king springs (I'm not sure which ones).
I'd like to improve the ride comfort a bit as it's very bumpy and I scrape really easily.

My Hub to guard measurement on HSVi HF-20 rims are:

Front: 365mm
Rear: 350mm

Would the Eibach Pro kit be a good option?
Can anyone recommended a good installer in Melbourne?

@Paulie81 How are your's going? What height are they sitting at now?

Thanks! =]

Hey man,

I am running the following:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-...Lowering-and-Racing-Performance-/281953908141

- Height Adjustable only ( which is good )
- no need to stuff around with damper rates / rebound etc so nice and simple
- zero noise
- really comfortable
- I would say, if my opinion means anything and I could quantity them I would say there about 25% better than the previous pedders setup I had.

and got them installed with :

http://www.centrelinesuspension.com.au/
$400 odd installed including wheel alignment, they were awesome IMO.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Just lowed my VF lower,nothing to radical,looking for a top place to get alignment done south side Sydney,any recommendations?

AWRSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
I finally got the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs installed today. Took it for a good ride around the neighbourhood afterwards and was surprised to find that the ride was not degraded. In fact it feels very similar to the stock springs, just lower. Thats the initial thought anyway.
I measured a length of 400mm (centre Hubcap to wheel arch top) on all fours on stock springs. The Pro-Kits lower it to approx. 380mm on the fronts and 365 on the backs. Its great as I have a tricky driveway and didn't scrape the front coming in for the first time. Im sure they will settle over the weeks ahead but so far so good. Here are some pics with the springs fitted. Ideally I will need to find a nice level piece of land for better photos.

View attachment 193305 View attachment 193306 View attachment 193307 View attachment 193309 View attachment 193310 View attachment 193305 View attachment 193305

Sorry to dig up old thread..

I ended up buying the pro-kit for my sportwagon after seeing your photos. It just looks like a nice height. Not too far on the low side. Haven't had it installed yet but it'll look just that bit nicer like yours does..

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
20180222_110839 (1).jpg

Fitted my eibachs the other day on my ute. 375mm all round. Happy with ride quality and height.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Sorry to dig up old thread..

I ended up buying the pro-kit for my sportwagon after seeing your photos. It just looks like a nice height. Not too far on the low side. Haven't had it installed yet but it'll look just that bit nicer like yours does..

nice one. Look forward to seeing a photo

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Sorry to bring up an old thread. Can anyone explain what changed in the VF2 rear suspension setup that made it sit lower at the rear when aftermarket springs were fitted? There are a number of spring manufacturers that have a product that claims to suit the VE/VF such as Eibach however what we find is that they tend to fit the rear lower by approx 20mm on VF2. I have seen a few VF Redlines on the road that have been lowered with what I can assume are springs only as the back sits slightly lower. In my experience and from other members here, the VF2 Redline sits at approx 400m from the centre cap to the guard on all fours so not sure why an aftermarket spring would be out by 20mm.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
https://jhp.com.au/shop/suspension-brakes/king-spring-set-holden-ve-commodore/
If anyone is wondering about the confusing King heights or for comparison of part across sedan, ute, sportwagon scroll to the height table in the link above. I don't think I've seen it better explained.

That is a very definitive table on ride heights with King Springs.

I have slowly noticed over 7,000km that the rear end of my wagon has settled/sagged by around 15mm with the MCA coil overs. (The front has not moved.) So I wound them up on the weekend to get it back to the ride height I want. Now they have settled I hope they don't move any further?!?!

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Sorry to bring up an old thread. Can anyone explain what changed in the VF2 rear suspension setup that made it sit lower at the rear when aftermarket springs were fitted? There are a number of spring manufacturers that have a product that claims to suit the VE/VF such as Eibach however what we find is that they tend to fit the rear lower by approx 20mm on VF2. I have seen a few VF Redlines on the road that have been lowered with what I can assume are springs only as the back sits slightly lower. In my experience and from other members here, the VF2 Redline sits at approx 400m from the centre cap to the guard on all fours so not sure why an aftermarket spring would be out by 20mm.

Not sure if anything changed in the rear suspension. My ute with Eibachs a few posts up is now sitting at 370 front and 375 rear (originally 400 all round). I could not be happier with the ride and look as it still has to be a functional work vehicle. The Eibachs that I bought were new but listed for a VE maloo (ebay)

I had noticed that some VF2s with Eibachs seem to sit higher in the front so I was a little concerned before fitting. I took particular note of the top spring plate going back in the original position as I believe this has been seen as causing height discrepancies. Not sure this answers your question but for me the springs worked out well.