Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowndes and Whincup defecting?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
On the Ford Forums they are talking revenge and how they can "legally" sabotage the team from winning anything ever again, bitter little buggers. No one here cried when Lowndes left to drive a "Falcon"

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
I, for one, am glad - always found Skaife to be an arrogant sort, ended up supporting Lowndes despite his switch to Ford. Now I can finally stop having to explain to people that I'd like to see Lowndes win, but Holdens in second and third!

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
On the Ford Forums they are talking revenge and how they can "legally" sabotage the team from winning anything ever again, bitter little buggers. No one here cried when Lowndes left to drive a "Falcon"
If that is true, it's really disappointing it has come down, to child's play.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS

this doesn't surprise me :bang:

Actually when Lowndes left to drive for Ford i remember them gloating endlessly about it.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

Yeh, i saw that last night....That really is pathetic. :bang:

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Time to ask Toyota BMW Mercedes Mitsubishi to come over and join the v8 ranks before this gets any worse.

Wheels - Tales of Toyota V8 Supercars

I think it would take a crapload of R & D for any outside car company to enter the v8 supercars (considering the rules and with the current economic climate no car manufacturers have that kind of money to "throw down" the drain....

I have mixed feelings about seeing a Toyota or similar being in the supercars, just doesn't seem right....

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Have you ever noticed that avesco doesnt give a rats about any holden teams.....just please the ford wankers and the commodore blokes will always turn up. Ford supporters that I know have a special hatred to commodore that is deep seated.
Now they have a major headache to overcome.....but basically no one will want to see 888 win .....sort of gives everyone a second team to love to hate....a bit like the thought in nrl of supporting 2 teams ...your favourite team and whoever is playing manly...well to me 888 is the manly. If they win Bathurst this year will the crowd be cheering or booing? ....my bets booing.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Damn shame that.. I used to enjoy seeing all the Holden supporters get their backs up when Ford won. Just wait and see, next year every Holden support will be a Lowndes/Whincup FANATIC even though this year they slag the two off.

I'm not a fan of either driver, nor the team. I do rate them very highly at their craft tho.

I wont be supporting the team next year, i never go for the obvious choice. Just loving the fact its a big F U to ford after cutting their funding.

It WILL be interesting to see how the rules are applied next year. We'll find out if its T8 that are untouchable, or if it was the fact they were in fords that helped.