Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1/gen3 strocker kits????????

VX_SS

SS_ASH
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss comodore
Hi all,

just wandering out of general interest what strocker kits are out there and how much they cost for an ls1/gen3 and for forged rods, pistons etc.

which stroker kits can you get with minimal machine work to the block, i.e, like a touch up of the bores to mild machining and rough costs?
and can you run standard sump or have to get modified sump and pickup?

which stroker kits require a bit of machine work?

like 5.7, 6 and 6.2 liter strocker kits through to the 427.

just out of curiosity as my car has gudgeon pin noise and piston slap, minor at the moment, but just want to know for if it gets really bad and have to rebuild as if have to will go the go fast bits.

i know this probably opens up a big can of questions.... like comp ratios etc, as would want to run s/c later and do cam at same time as bottom end.

thanks, Ben.

i see u want to stroke ya car i have a vx ss series 2 that i am curently stroking to a 383 with a c.o.m.e cam 232/242 with all forged internals
c.o.m.e said they designed this cam for a stroker engine
so far block wise ive have to get it honed 3-4 thou bigger apart from that everything else clears. just!
ill let u know how i go with this if u like
if u wana know prices or anything as such just pm me

Duncs_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore vl
gearbox choice

hey guys you sem to be the right ind og people to ask about potential gearboxes to match an ls1

my commodore is currently under work an when finished will be a 383 stroker ls1 with 242/244 cam from camtech it is currently getting a procharger supercharger

what kind of gearbox would be best suited for this kind of power?

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
hey guys you sem to be the right ind og people to ask about potential gearboxes to match an ls1

my commodore is currently under work an when finished will be a 383 stroker ls1 with 242/244 cam from camtech it is currently getting a procharger supercharger

what kind of gearbox would be best suited for this kind of power?

big cam for a blower mate. You will have to go an auto with a cam that size would be a pig with a manual. What type of car is it going in.

kerrie0400

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
it depends on your cash flow you can still get plenty of power out of the ls1 engine