Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Problem's

Aaronthestig

Reaction score
Website
www.aaronmarine.co.nz
Members Ride
VYII CALAIS V8
Replaced the radiator and washed out engine bay, The next day after driving the car around for a bit the Engine Check light came on and the car suffered from loss of power surging and misfiring and the car could not go faster than 140km/h.
I have replaced the spark plugs and ignition leads - this fixed the miss that had developed.
After this the car still had a massive loss in power and would surge under heavy acceleration.
I then got the codes checked on the computer and it turned out to be the Knock sensor. the code was then cleared.

The following day the engine check light came on as I was driving down the road, after driving for about 10-minutes the transmission stopped changing up gears and would only have 1st and 2nd and randomly change into 3rd then the Traction control turned off and i had all gears for about 30 seconds, so I drove it home on the way the car developed high idle around 2000rmp and would slowly rev more.

help?

I have a 2004 VY2 CALAIS AUTO 5.7V8 full exhaust with headers.
maf less Tune.

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
1. Replace knock sensors, don't just clear the code. It's a fairly common prob especially if you wash the engine alot.
2. Remove auto and throw in bin.
3. Insert manual.

The second problem sounds like something other than knock sensors. Code would be helpful otherwise we're just stabbing in the dark. Being a 4L60 it's probably just crapped itself.

Aaronthestig

Reaction score
Website
www.aaronmarine.co.nz
Members Ride
VYII CALAIS V8
The fault code for the engine is maf sensor and the gearbox also showed the maf sensor when you clear the code it comes back straight away, the car has had a maf less tune tho but we will be try putting the sensor in

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
If it's had a mafless tune it will show that fault, although check engine shouldn't come on. I would take it back to your tuner

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
Yep that maf code will show up with a mafless tune. Gearbox holding gears and high idle would make me suspect the throttle position sensor too, especially if it got blasted with water.

Aaronthestig

Reaction score
Website
www.aaronmarine.co.nz
Members Ride
VYII CALAIS V8
Now managed to rest codes car drove fine for about to minutes then engine check light and again we had knock sensor

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Clearing codes does not make the problem go away, you need to decipher the codes and work out what is causing it to log. Because your car has been mafless tuned, the best person to go to is the original tuner, as the ecu is now running their software, not Holden's generic software, so he will know what to look for.

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
Knock sensor fault makes it failsafe to the low-octane table, which causes a weird hesitation and surging feeling at full throttle because the timing is so retarded. Replace knock sensors.

Shouldn't cause problems with the auto though, something else is going on there.