Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] LS1 roller rockers

cracker

Reaction score
theres no way in hell your going too see 254 rwkw with basic mods and rockers.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
theres no way in hell your going too see 254 rwkw with basic mods and rockers.
^^^^^^ Agreed... Stock LS1 and the only thing changed is rockers & tune, not a chance.

Now if it's an LS2/3 and has had a re-tune/FULL Exhaust, springs & pushrods .... 220/30 even 245(freak Engine...) and the rockers - and it's a MAYBE from me(I could be wrong and the Dyno is a "Happy" one...) :D

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
MACE sell re manufactured stock rockers. 1.9 ratio (standard 1.7) check there website

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
ive seen quite a few tune and exhaust ls1's making 340rwhp its a very high number and overinflated but there are a few around

cracker

Reaction score
exhaust tune, intake and a mafless, should expect 220-240rwkw anything more is just bull ****

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Back on topic, it wont be massive gains but they will have gains. If you plan to get a cam down the track I wouldn't worry about high ratio rockers.

HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS TO SUIT VT-VZ LS1-LS2 V8'S - Mace Engineering Group

For $475 its one of the cheaper options for more power, I don't know about the V8s but for the V6 its the 2nd best thing next to a cam at quarter of the price.

MACE

Reaction score
We haven't tested 1.8:1 rockers, we've done 1.9:1, 2.0:1 and 2.1:1

The latter two require the cylinder heads to be modified around the pushrod area.

Gains we got on a mainline dyno were 11, 13 and 8rwkw respectively.

These tests were done on a bolt on NA VT LS1. Hopefully sometime this year we should have results on a L76 engine so that should be interesting :)

Depending on the ratio, rockers as a bolt on item definitely work. Not as well as a larger cam, but then again everyone's requirements and budgets are different.

Cheers,
Steve

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
Ive personally tuned 2 ls1's with rockers, full exhaust, OTR and mafless. The manual one made around 253rwkw and the auto one less (cant remeber the exact number). I know that if you have the mafless tune spot on then add rockers you run pretty lean up top which indicates the VE increases by a decent amount with rockers. I wouldnt reccomend running rockers on a regular mafless tune unless your mixtures are pretty fat to start with.

Be good if anyone else has dynosheets from 1.8s and a tune to suit to compare.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Managed to dig a little and found that the vehicle used originally had 241.9rwkw(So DEFINITELY NOT a STOCK LS1 from all accounts...) then 1.8 installed which took it up to 253.4rwkw... so only an increase of 11.5rwkw.

Sooo.... I stand by what I said.... STOCK/FACTORY LS1 + 1.8/1.9 Roller Rockers and a MAF tune does not = 253rwkw

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Thead dig I know... but

I have my car in being tuned and having an OTR CAI installed.

Want to work with the tuner on a plan to upgrade. I don't want to go the cam route as I need to tow a horse float with my horse in it, and a lumpy cam wont work for that.

I was thinking of changing to higher ration rockets and uprated valve springs to get a gain, not as much as a cam obviously but a small increase while keeping the standard drivability.

Who has actually fitted higher ration rockers on a stock cam?

Don't care so much about the top end power as I only ever see my car around 5,800rpm anyway looking at achieving a fatter torque curve thru the range.