Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 Air Intake

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Im referring to what this bloke with the spitfire coloured car said about the gains he made when he changed his cats,his results were questionable at best,thats what i was talking about.
I think the dyno video is a good comparison at what percentage of gains can be made with what intake,how accurate the actual peak numbers are is anyones guess.

I guess we will have to take guy's word for it as i saw no actual video clips of those runs...and yes....super happy dyno !

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
284kw with just exhaust on stock tune ?
My thoughts too 5.0. It was an interesting comparison for sure. But the results seem OTT. 325kw from a full exhaust, CAI and tune? Wow.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Street quick managed around 8% gain roughly with just an otr and tune on a stock 6.0 vf,they are well known to have an accurate and repeatable dyno.
I struggled a wee bit to work out 26.4 hp as a percentage of 317hp,roughly 8 % was as close as i could get,im sure someone can work out the exact number,im better on the tools than i am being a computer nerd.
Its a worthwhile mod for sure.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My thoughts too 5.0. It was an interesting comparison for sure. But the results seem OTT. 325kw from a full exhaust, CAI and tune? Wow.
And that's 6.0L too. I smell bs

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost as bad as 24rwkw gain just from high flow cats,wow.......

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
they should have just shown the dynamic airflow g/s difference gains then u see exactly how much more flow is entering

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Im referring to what this bloke with the spitfire coloured car said about the gains he made when he changed his cats,his results were questionable at best,thats what i was talking about.
I think the dyno video is a good comparison at what percentage of gains can be made with what intake,how accurate the actual peak numbers are is anyones guess.

I'm not familiar with Cuda's claims and don't want to get involved with that.

Yes, agree, using the same dyno on the same day in same conditions is good for comparison between the various intakes.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
If i smell bullshit ill call someone out every time,most will argue the point to save face,if im wrong ill openly admit it.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all, I've got an LS3 VF Calais that I want to help breathe a little better so I am looking at the air intake. I was going OTR until I had a chat to a mate who has told me he doesn't like them and suggested looking into stainless and silicon piping instead.

I don't remember why he doesn't like OTR, that conversation was at the start of a 1000 beer evening..

Anyway, what do you guys reckon? Has he got a point? Or is he full of **** and OTR is the best cold air intake?

Or is he right and can anybody point me ion the direction of some alternative ideas or kits please?

*EDIT
Extractors, hi flow cats and a tune are also on the list. Don't want big power, more interested in efficiently using what is already there.

Kade.

Vcm otr intakes are the favoured intake of the tuners for good reason,call up a couple and find out why.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
My thoughts too 5.0. It was an interesting comparison for sure. But the results seem OTT. 325kw from a full exhaust, CAI and tune? Wo
WOW! I'm gonna get mine done tomorrow!
.......oh wait, I already did but I only got 270 running on E85!
I must've got taken for a ride. . . . .