Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
If this is the route its going down, probably should split Ecotec into L36 and L67.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
How much vary's between the L36 and L67?

I think, that because they're essentially the same motor, the ECOTEC prefix should suffice.
Otherwise you could go splitting all the different versions of the LS1 as well, which would be retarded.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I only say it because most L67-specific questions seem to be boost related, which isn't relevant to the majority of Ecotec owners.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
How much vary's between the L36 and L67?

I think, that because they're essentially the same motor, the ECOTEC prefix should suffice.
Otherwise you could go splitting all the different versions of the LS1 as well, which would be retarded.
How much varies between the LSx series of engines? L36 and L67 use different heads, manifolds, cranks, pistons, injectors, looms, etc
As for Johnsy I originally had it as LS1/2/3 but Craig (minux) and myself decieded it looked too messy so changed it to LSx which is how every other forum and the performance industry denotes the LS series of engines.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
How much varies between the LSx series of engines? L36 and L67 use different heads, manifolds, cranks, pistons, injectors, looms, etc
As for Johnsy I originally had it as LS1/2/3 but Craig (minux) and myself decieded it looked too messy so changed it to LSx which is how every other forum and the performance industry denotes the LS series of engines.

airstrike you originally changed it to LSx...(which i did miss till it was pointed out to me) LS1/2/3 is what i asked for in the beginning...

but i can see it becoming a mess when LS7/9 ect comes into play...

I do think prefixes would be best for all..

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
When you do the prefixs darren, does it show up per section? (like do you have to add 186, 202 and RB30 to just the Straight 6 section, or do they show up even when starting a thread in the LSx section?)

Straight 6
Starfire (should add that here, there is now 2 people that own them on here....)
RB30
RB30ET

V6

Buick
Ecotec
L67
Alloytec

V8
Efi 304
5.7L

LSx
LS1
LS2
LS3

Think thats all of them

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
airstrike you originally changed it to LSx...(which i did miss till it was pointed out to me) LS1/2/3 is what i asked for in the beginning...

but i can see it becoming a mess when LS7/9 ect comes into play...

I do think prefixes would be best for all..
No I changed it to LS1/2/3........I think I would know what I did. I only had it that way for no more then 5 minutes. But I guess you would know best.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
No I changed it to LS1/2/3........I think I would know what I did. I only had it that way for no more then 5 minutes. But I guess you would know best.

no you didn't... you changed it to LSx as it is now... it never was LS1/2/3 . You obviously don't know what you did, and yeah i do know best as it still is LSx... and now everyone is on board to change it to prefix's you are back peddaling quicker than you can type....

Status
Not open for further replies.