Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS7 MATE

Toolman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Club Sport
06 Club SPORT.

Under build.Six years.

Mods.I don't have that long to list.

Did i achieve my goal.YES.

Would i advise another person to undertake this.NO.

Enjoy my friends.:)

Attachments

• IMG_3022.JPG
    IMG_3022.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3237.JPG
    IMG_3237.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3240.JPG
    IMG_3240.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3414.JPG
    IMG_3414.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_4161.JPG
    IMG_4161.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_4179.JPG
    IMG_4179.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_4328.JPG
    IMG_4328.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 273

Toolman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Club Sport
06 Club SPORT.

Under build.Six years.

Mods.I don't have that long to list.

Did i achieve my goal.YES.

Would i advise another person to undertake this.NO.

Enjoy my friends.:)
Top effort mate, I bet it was well worth it!
Thanks mate,i get reminded every time i drive it,then quickly forget, the hundreds of hrs are worth it .......

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I take it from the thread title you've swapped in an LS7 engine? If so what mods to the engine and how much power is she making? Must be crazy to drive!!!

Toolman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Club Sport
Hi, Yes.Started with a new 505 HP LS7 crate engine.Removed all the internals and started again.Running a full steel 4" magnuim assembly,Mahle pistons,Ultra Hi beam rods.Had the factory fit the correct reluctor wheel on the crank before it was sent, so that it matched the VZ Ecu.Its a NZ Super Tourer build.Only difference is, I'm running a Katech internal driven oil pump & not a auxiliary mounted oil pump.Semi dry sump was a mission,but found one in the states built for a Nissan drift car,fits perfect for the VZ cross member & steering rack.Added a Rocker Trunion kit,new set of high performance valve springs,then lots of time blue printing........Different bearings & bumped the compression up a tad also.She is stock standard apart from the steel kit.I wanted a good strong track day engine that will give me years of smiles,have built many Ls engines,including a 402 strocker which was its last engine.The LS7 is a incredibly tractable engine,never had anything that even came close.At 5000 she puts out just under 565 ft lbs of torque.6000 & she's a good solid 580+ HP at the flywheel.To drive is where the fun starts.1st,lots brain & slowly add jandle,2nd,same as first.3rd,Providing the road surface is good your being pushed hard into the seat.....at 4000, its pocking out over 400 ponies,so you really don't need to turn it hard.Stock T56 handles the Tq well,as the VZ won't hold traction to break the trans.I have recently added a custom ported MSD intake & throttle body.Big gain from mid range up,so it will be knocking on the door of 600 now as we gained a 28-30 Hp increase from the ls7 intake.These have just been developed by Tony Manamo, ex AFR head designer.Great bang for your buck !.Fitting the 7, trying to keep the car original as possible is the hard part,but I'm pretty happy with the result/finish to date.Full inclosure to tidy up OTR is on the wish list, so it looks more original, and a custom OTR, as its running a bit of a restriction at wot due to this.Clutch is a mantic billet twin plate,with organic plates.Amazing bit of kit.Peddle is lighter than my hi ace van, with good feel.Back end is Kazz, 3.9 gears,and Harrop hat, along with lots of work over the years on the K frame set up to cure axle tramp......and loads more.....Sorry for the long winded reply....but if your going to do something.do it right :)

Wish list.BC Custom rims so i can run Toyo R888R x 275s on 18s Rear,255 x 18 Front.Running the stock 19s with 245 Trofero Rs, semi slicks at present.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is bloody amazing mate! Well done! The dream set up!