Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSD my 2.89 Diff

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
- SV6 -

Standard Equipment:
As for Executive, plus: Alloytec 190 V6, 6 speed manual transmission, FE2 sports suspension, traction control, 17 inch alloy wheels, front foglamps, sports body kit, leather steering wheel, air conditioning, four power windows.

Optional Equipment:
5 speed automatic transmission, LSD, Rear Park Assist, Side Impact Airbags (SIAB), Satellite navigation.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know its a different model, but the VE SV6 only has LSD as an option also and it is a newer model, so it makes sense it would be the same for VZ, as the above options list states. For the VE theres a features brochure available on the holden website, as below I highlighted the LSD option:

vesv6featuresdm4.jpg

kiwi nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6
Thats not enough to check it. Have a look and the actual label on the diff case.

Your lsd clutches could be worn hence its running like a single spinner. It happens.

If its single spinner the opposite wheel should turn the other way.

just jacked up the car again turn the left wheel clockwise and the right wheel turned anti clockwise. also the lable say the ratio only.
i forgot to say it's auto 5 speed.

kiwi nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6
oh well, nz must be different, my sales brochure says its standard, i just had a gander at it,

if that 3.07 lsd centre id from a v8 you will need to swap the case aswell as they are a 8inch diff, v6 diffs are 7.5 inch, the dont interchange as they dont fit

so im not sure if you can just swap the crownwheels/pinions they could be different centres

i want to keep the same crown wheel and pinion just change the differential case that's the part that's bolts on the crowm wheel.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I know its a different model, but the VE SV6 only has LSD as an option also and it is a newer model, so it makes sense it would be the same for VZ, as the above options list states. For the VE theres a features brochure available on the holden website, as below I highlighted the LSD option:

hmm i cant get my head around holden, the basic ve sv6 i serviced at work had an lsd, the same with a few omegas (those omegas didnt have sports suspension either as that option says),

heres a pic of the vz sales brochure

Attachments

• DSC00140.jpg
    DSC00140.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 204

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
dont know, i think the middle east export commos, the sv6 is sold with a 4-speed auto

Doesn't the middle east sv6 only have the 175 motore

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
- SV6 -

Standard Equipment:
As for Executive, plus: Alloytec 190 V6, 6 speed manual transmission, FE2 sports suspension, traction control, 17 inch alloy wheels, front foglamps, sports body kit, leather steering wheel, air conditioning, four power windows.

Optional Equipment:
5 speed automatic transmission, LSD, Rear Park Assist, Side Impact Airbags (SIAB), Satellite navigation.

Holdens standard equipment is all over the shop. I drove an SV6 a few months ago which didn't have traction control

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Mate, if your just gonna be doing burnouts and **** like that you might aswell look into getting it spooled

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
hmm i cant get my head around holden, the basic ve sv6 i serviced at work had an lsd, the same with a few omegas (those omegas didnt have sports suspension either as that option says),

heres a pic of the vz sales brochure

I'd have to acknowledge that as proof and agree that LSD is standard, yet its odd that other option lists state otherwise and that his car appears only to be a single spinner.

Perhaps they changed for Series 2? (although why go backwards???)

Holdens standard equipment is all over the shop. I drove an SV6 a few months ago which didn't have traction control

Apparently so, who knows wtf they're doing.