Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maca's Fusion CV8Z Monaro

MacDaddy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro
Cheers NU13 and corhijasna, it was really hard to hear the difference over my phone recording but it still sounds pretty good! Clint I'm happy with the job, but I think the paint blending could of been done better. Nobody so far as even mentioned or noticed it, but for me it sticks out something fierce. I'll get a pic up tomorrow in the sunlight and see if you guys can notice the difference. Also when I have some spare money to throw around I'll get it on the dyno to see what the gains/loss' are with cutouts open. Thanks oldholdens, I saw your thread and I'm gonna be watching it closely as well haha. What were you looking at doing in the future?

oldholdensarebest

oldholdensarebest
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 CV8Z Monaro; 2005 Adventra LX8; 1955 FJ Holde
I won't be doing too much, updating the head unit, RIP Shifter - street version, a car bra for interstate trips, and update the lights. An OTR CAI and an exhaust upgrade may happen, but I pretty much like it the way it is, but I'm interested in what others do to their cars.

MacDaddy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro
Hey guys been a fair while since I've been on here so I'll give a quick update. I'm currently in the process of deciding on what type of FI I want for the Monaro. I'm leaning more towards turbo right now, but I'm not 100%. I've put around the $8000 mark aside so right now I'm finding out rough prices from my workshop for both. Obviously I'll still need to save a few pennies and I'm only going to commit to it when I'm happy with kit I get. Had a bit of a cruise on the weekend so I took a few pics, also when I was back down south I had the chance to play with my uncle's Challenger, very fun! He's ordered a Hellcat which should be arriving a bit later this year and then he will convert it to RHD, so I'm looking forward to taking that thing for a spin! But I reakon with a turbo the Monaro could take it haha!! Heres a few pics...

MacDaddy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro
Alright so the time has come, especially with it being tax time. I'm pretty much sold on going down the supercharger path, turbo would of been amazing but it continually seems to creep out of my price range. I could comfortably grab a new Vortech V2 kit with intercooler or wait until a good condition second hand top mount becomes available. I would prefer top mount but have also heard great things about the Vortechs. The other bridge I'm considering crossing is getting some diff gears to go along with it, a power figure isn't necessarily what I'm after, more so a good package all together that could see me getting some decent slips (if Townsville ever gets a dragstrip again!) I've been browsing the forums for others setups and experiences, but since I got the Clubby I need to be budget conscious as the Mrs wants some work done to it aswell. Look forward to hearing some feedback and I will keep you up to date with the build. (Also I know there will be a few mixed reactions over the wheels, I haven't got sick of it yet and I don't think it looks too bad, mostly positive reactions so far)

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
I want a monaro, but they are still ridiculously priced :( Looks epic mate and nice clubby!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I want a monaro, but they are still ridiculously priced :( Looks epic mate and nice clubby!

pretty cheap in Brissie, but the price seems to have stabilised and they aren't really dropping much anymore.

White writing on the tyres is a nice retro look, I love it!!

oldholdensarebest

oldholdensarebest
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 CV8Z Monaro; 2005 Adventra LX8; 1955 FJ Holde

Join a few Monaro Facebook pages, several quality Monaros are for sale in a wide price range, there are bound to be options whatever your budget.

MacDaddy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro
Cheers guys! So I pretty much just bit the bullet and I'm getting a supercharger, it's down in Ipswich but I think I will just make a weekend trip down to grab it. Stay tuned and I will keep updating when things evolve.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The Monaro looks great and should go well charged.
Also like your clubby and your uncles Challenger, those Hellcats are one hell of a beast.