Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maca's Fusion CV8Z Monaro

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Hopefully you get some answers from the old workshop. I was just curious as to weather a place up here did it. With the engine mounts are you gonna run standards again or go something different.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Great ride m8. Have you changed the diff ratio from standard? Dont know what your Monaro came out with but 3.9 gears will give you best bang for buck performance.

MacDaddy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro
I'm not too sure what I'm going to do with the engine mounts just yet. I guess realistically it all comes down to money. And nah mate the diff is still standard which is 3.46, but yea I've heard great things about the 3.9's and that is certainly on the bucket list. Scored a gig with work to go drive Chaz Mostert around the race track today. Nice bloke, well for a Ford guy anyway haha.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
How did you score the lap to drive chaz. Did you take him round the track in your car or one of the army ones.

MacDaddy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro
I wish it could of been the Monaro haha, nah it was just in a Bushmaster... Certainly not as fun as a V8, I would of sold my first born for the V8 supercar model though :love: she was gorgeous haha.

MacDaddy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro
Alright quick update since it has been awhile. Well all the **** loads of work that needed to be carried out on the Beast has been done! And it's a noticeable difference with the handling aswell, it's a lot more responsive in the corners and no bad feedback to the wheel. However, the Mrs thought I had too much money in my account and decided to run her car into my garage door and unfortunately the Monaro was inside at the time... As you can see in the pics it's not that terrible, but considering I get frustrated and annoyed by stone chips and scratches this is almost a write off in my eyes haha!! I'm taking sometime off work in September and heading back down to BrisVegas for a few weeks. I've got a sprint session booked at Queensland Raceway with a professional driver to coach me around the track and will also be getting her down the strip to "hopefully" get a good time slip, but with me driving probably not. I'll be recording both the sprint circuit and the strip and uploading them to youtube, so i'll share the links on here when I get back. If all goes well, hopefully I can squeeze a new set of 3.9 Diff gears before I get down there.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
How did your missus manage that man. Hope you get the damaged fixed soon so it can look its best again.

MacDaddy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro
Mate I'm not sure how she did it, I'm positive she was distracted by her phone or radio. But I will never know haha. Well I took the plunge and grabbed some QTP cutouts a couple of days ago and I should have them fitted next week when they arrive. I'll get a video up of it when they are installed! Hopefully they don't don't have a leak or aren't too stupidly loud. Standby for a video and me pissing off my neighbours just that little bit more.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
least its not too bad damage wise,on a side note tell her to park on the road from now on lol

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
OP, I think you mean EX-MISSUS!!!