Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Making Vodka - Advice Anyone

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
I have a heavy chemistry background. It's hard to do properly without an intermediate chemistry base and understanding of organic chem. I've done it in practicals and the time and effort it takes to create only very small quantities of product is hardly worth the outcome + it can be dangerous if you don't know what your actually distilling off let alone the volatility of the chemicals you are creating + the need for high quality equipment and constant testing. e. I know you already said you decided not to do it, but wanted to add my two cents.

Is there a simple way to measure methanol %?
After reading all about methanol and how it's in commercial products, I'm curious how much Methanol would be in a 1L of Smirnoff Blue Label Vodka.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
If you think that's the same, then you've got issues. Beer isn't beer (let alone alcohol) in it's raw ingredients. Tobacco is tobacco it all it's forms!

I know that, thats commen sense, my point was in the end the outcome is the same (he will be in possesion of an illegal drink to a minor within 3 days), seems pretty stupid to have laws in place that prevent minors from drinking if they can still make it (that is why i said i was unsure in the first place), is that really that hard to comprehend. Not saying i give a stuff, but it's rediculas.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Just stay away from the air still they aren't too flash but the reflux/ column stills are pretty good

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I know that, thats commen sense, my point was in the end the outcome is the same (he will be in possesion of an illegal drink to a minor within 3 days), seems pretty stupid to have laws in place that prevent minors from drinking if they can still make it (that is why i said i was unsure in the first place), is that really that hard to comprehend. Not saying i give a stuff, but it's rediculas.

3 days? Hahahaha! You have no idea.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
3 days? Hahahaha! You have no idea.

Maybe a week, i don't take much notice of the brewing times as that is not important to me. What is important is how long it has been bottled for (to me), for a couple of 14 year olds on the other hand, they would not care. I've heard of people drinking it straight from brewing keg without bottling it. While your at it is there anything else you want nick pic about.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Maybe a week, i don't take much notice of the brewing times as that is not important to me. What is important is how long it has been bottled for (to me), for a couple of 14 year olds on the other hand, they would not care. I've heard of people drinking it straight from brewing keg without bottling it. While your at it is there anything else you want nick pic about.

Mmmmmm drinking warm, flat, murky beer. That must be SO good! And what is "nick pic"?

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
errr nick pic..
like goin over something with a fine toothed comb, picking the hell outta it
thats what i think it means..

boordy_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 "HBD" Berlina
Fun organic Chem isn't illegal when you study it at uni :)
love too get into organic chemistry facinates the **** out of me for some reason.

when i looked into doing it i was more in the way off looking at something you could burn...eg fuel which is illegal to do but meh (all fun organic chemistry is illegal)
so wasnt so concerned about the whole drinkable blindness factor, although now i have something to read about tonight.

boordy_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 "HBD" Berlina
Fun organic Chem isn't illegal when you study it at uni :)
love too get into organic chemistry facinates the **** out of me for some reason.

when i looked into doing it i was more in the way off looking at something you could burn...eg fuel which is illegal to do but meh (all fun organic chemistry is illegal)
so wasnt so concerned about the whole drinkable blindness factor, although now i have something to read about tonight.