Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Conversion Help Needed

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
hey everyone, i have a VS V6 auto and am planning on converting it to a manual. i can get a T5 gearbox out of a VR along with the pedal box set up etc etc. im aware i will need to get a 8puk flywheel for it as opposed to the 6puk one that is currently on the gearbox. my question is, do i need to get a ecotec manual engine loom and computer or can i use the auto ones the car currently has? ive been told that the auto ones will cause the car to cut out at 5,500rpm whereas the manual ones will cut out at 6,500rpm. is this true? can someone please help me!!

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
The rev limiter is the same auto and manual as far as im aware, no way it would be 6,500rmp anyway.

If the gearbox is coming from a VR it should have a 8 bolt flywheel already.

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
who ever you are getting the VR gearbox from, ask them for their flywheel, or alternatively find a wrecked S2 VN or a VP

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yes, you need the VS manual loom and ECU. Using the auto loom and ECU just causes headaches.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
you can run the auto ecu with all the error codes turned off and get away with it .sometimes get the odd stalling issue when pulling up to a stop which you can stop by turning the idle screw up a bit.but its best to fit a manual ecu which for vr is near impossible to find so you use a vn ecu and loom instead then the ecu will have a speed sensor input and makes it much happier

Search is your friend :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vs is a little different than doing vr .you can find a police RF ecu or super 6 ecu which do manual and auto and then swap some wires round to get it all working properly .or can do the cheats way and slap in a manual tune in the auto ecu and run like that but it wont see speed and may stall a bit

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
vs is a little different than doing vr .you can find a police RF ecu or super 6 ecu which do manual and auto and then swap some wires round to get it all working properly .or can do the cheats way and slap in a manual tune in the auto ecu and run like that but it wont see speed and may stall a bit

making my last post completely useless lol i thought the VR and VS would be basically the same principle

thanks for the extra info delco :)

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
is that the same with the VS 5.0 delcowizzid..?? I want to convert my SS to manual soon and i was thinking i could just get my tune updated by greenfoam an turn off the error codes??

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vs 5.0 is different runs the same ecu as VR auto

dice auto

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle,vk drag car
i support what r.j.k said, it will run with the auto cpu but it will run better with a manual cpu your revs will take longer to drop in between gears yousing the auto cpu on a manual..