Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual or Auto License

Do you have a Manual or Auto License

• Manual License

Votes: 177 75.6%
  • Auto License

Votes: 50 21.4%
  • No License

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Clutchy said:
I got my manual licence on me Ps the thing that scares me is all these people say i got AUTO but can drive a manual well why dident ya get a manual licence from the start ??

I had no manual cars in the house. Only auto's. The only car I had to practise in were Auto's.. I knew I'd be buying an Auto car, so there wasn't much point in getting a manual license..

I learnt to drive manuals after, it's mostly intuitive. Now, the only way you could tell I had an auto license is if you looked at it. Definitely not by sitting in the car with me (in a manual)..

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I got skill!

Passed first go L & P's , no leasson, manuals ! licence from the police :)

Started driving out scrub when i was 15 in my sigma with extractors :) taught by a 14 yr old, he had a 1965 toyota with collum shift, that thing was a tank! :)

I'm so proud!

Sorry... :p

DARGAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore
GLD-086 said:
Well I don't think I'm a better driver, because I drive a Manual, but you do learn alot more. IMHO

My brother has a Auto VL, which is a nice car to drive, but I get bored with just accelerating, braking and steering.

I like driving around in my VL and mum's 5 Speed Laser, because it keeps me into driving. When I drive an Auto, I seriously feel alot more lazy and not as alert.

Totally agree with you mate. Im exactly the same, i get bored just accelerating, breaking and steering. Thats a good point. I suppose your right you do learn a bit more about driving because you have more control over the car, and would have to concentrate more. btw what does IMHO and IMO mean?

GLD-086

Reaction score
DARGAN said:
Totally agree with you mate. Im exactly the same, i get bored just accelerating, breaking and steering. Thats a good point. I suppose your right you do learn a bit more about driving because you have more control over the car, and would have to concentrate more. btw what does IMHO and IMO mean?

IMHO=In my honest opinion

IMO=In my opinion

:thumbsup:

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
driving a manual does make you more alert when driving i zone out alot when im driving in traffic and ive nearly rammed the ass of a few cars in front too:whistling

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Traditionally manuals are awsome,and auto's are for lazy people.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Manual licence but have been driving a Auto in the last 2 cars for 9 years.

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
Auto.

Because I have no manual to practice in and i bought an auto commy, (although can and have driven manual before - havn't perfected the hillstarts or reversing yet) I'd love a manual tho :(

Goose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 Manual & VP V6 Manual
I learned manual in a dato that car kicked ass, then i bought an auto vn but got bored and got a manual vp, now to those ppl who were saying that not using the clutch is flat shifting you are wrong, flat shifting is when you keep the accelerator on the floor and change REAL quick