Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Swapped VZ Executive Speedo Stuck at 255kmph

vzcomo2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
Hi everyone,
I have recently converted a VZ V6 from auto to manual, everything on the car works except for the speedo, I have had a look at the other threads and online in general but i cant seem to find someone with the same problem, I have the AUTO Fuse in and the car displays the max speed on the analogue dial, 252 on the digital speedo and 251 in diagnosis mode, and 255 using a OBD2 reader and it only starts to read that speed after 6kmph, (i believe this is normal as the speedo would start at 6 when it was auto) but after 6 the speedo shoots all the way up to 252. I changed the speed sensor today and it made no difference, I have checked the Auto transmission fuse in the cabin and it was good and the Auto transmission fuse in the engine bay which was also all good, I have no idea if this is an easy fix or not but some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi everyone,
I have recently converted a VZ V6 from auto to manual, everything on the car works except for the speedo, I have had a look at the other threads and online in general but i cant seem to find someone with the same problem, I have the AUTO Fuse in and the car displays the max speed on the analogue dial, 252 on the digital speedo and 251 in diagnosis mode, and 255 using a OBD2 reader and it only starts to read that speed after 6kmph, (i believe this is normal as the speedo would start at 6 when it was auto) but after 6 the speedo shoots all the way up to 252. I changed the speed sensor today and it made no difference, I have checked the Auto transmission fuse in the cabin and it was good and the Auto transmission fuse in the engine bay which was also all good, I have no idea if this is an easy fix or not but some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys.
Did you change the tune in the pcm for manual?
edit l think you would need to change the setting in the cluster to manual too.

vzcomo2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
Did you change the tune in the pcm for manual?
edit l think you would need to change the setting in the cluster to manual too.
Hi mate, I haven't Touched the Programming for the cluster I only did BCM ECU PIM and the Key, Didn't know if the Cluster Was necessary?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi mate, I haven't Touched the Programming for the cluster I only did BCM ECU PIM and the Key, Didn't know if the Cluster Was necessary?
That maybe your problem then?

Was it all okay (cluster) before the swap?

vzcomo2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
That maybe your problem then?

Was it all okay (cluster) before the swap?
If it was a cluster programming issue wouldn't I getting the correct speed signal from the OBD2 Port?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
If it was a cluster programming issue wouldn't I getting the correct speed signal from the OBD2 Port?
No idea?

How is the tacho? Working correctly?

Different settings for the 6 & the 8.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Cluster needs to be programmed to suit the manual rather than auto.
Just like the little differences between models can lead to Airbag warnings or fuel gauges reading incorrectly.
Have it set up.
LSxtreme can do it.

There is also VZ Cluster Mod as outlined on Joshes Car Corner if you want to have a go yourself.

vzcomo2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
Cluster needs to be programmed to suit the manual rather than auto.
Just like the little differences between models can lead to Airbag warnings or fuel gauges reading incorrectly.
Have it set up.
LSxtreme can do it.

There is also VZ Cluster Mod as outlined on Joshes Car Corner if you want to have a go yourself.
Thanks Mate, will definitely check this out, looks really interesting.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.