Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Window Regulator

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Hey all,

I was winding up my window the other day only to find half of the regulator in my hand. After removing the door card, I've found most of the metal bracket has sheared. So a couple of questions.
1)
Holden Commodore Window Regulator VT VX VY VZ RH Manual | eBay

Is this correct part I need to replace my regulator with? I see the original was riveted in, so presumably I will have to screw it in, anyone know what size is best?
2)
the little plastic bits that hold the window in place on the arms are broken (one was sitting at the bottom of the door) any idea where I can get these from?

Happy to be called an idiot and directed to a thread in the search, but all I could find was electric window threads.

Thanks,
Mike.

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
The one in the link provided is correct & if you look at the pic you can see the little plastic runners already on the regulator. Drill the rivets out then just re-rivet back in place much easier than mucking around with nuts & bolts. Also have a good search around for a regulator,thats way to expensive in my opinion,$20-$30 is a fair price

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
The one in the link provided is correct & if you look at the pic you can see the little plastic runners already on the regulator. Drill the rivets out then just re-rivet back in place much easier than mucking around with nuts & bolts. Also have a good search around for a regulator,thats way to expensive in my opinion,$20-$30 is a fair price

Ah, so there is, solves that problem lol.

Do you know where I could get them for said price? Cause I found some for $45 but it's got $15 shipping, so a bit counter productive :p

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I had some somewhere, if I can find them you can have what you need for free. Also, you can buy the rivets from Holden for about $2 each. Come to think of it I think I have 2 rivets left over from when I installed power windows, you can have them too.
You can get the white nylon runners from Holden as well, they are reasonably priced at around $3-$4 each, or at least they were.
Edit: Good news, I found them. They are not new though.

Last edited:

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
Just take the free one on offer,secondhand doesnt matter for the price,lol. If they still have the plastic runners its a bonus:) You dont need holden rivets,i just use a pack of standard rivets for $2,just make sure the head is big enough that it wont pull through when you rivet it back in

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I had some somewhere, if I can find them you can have what you need for free. Also, you can buy the rivets from Holden for about $2 each. Come to think of it I think I have 2 rivets left over from when I installed power windows, you can have them too.
You can get the white nylon runners from Holden as well, they are reasonably priced at around $3-$4 each, or at least they were.
Edit: Good news, I found them. They are not new though.

PM sent mate.

Nom Fitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 1996 standard
Finding a thread about manual windows was very hard. I paid $88 for my new regulator from Holden as I din't have time to wait for it to be posted & potentially go missing for months. My local wrecker told me he had a new one & it was cheap at $99. Tried to rip me off just coz I'm female.... geeeeez I hate that

10YDY

Serial Pain In The Ass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Wagon
Bought a new manual regulator for my VT off of eBay for $35 delivered. Now for the fun part tomorrow......Installing it. Any hints or tricks folks?

Last edited: