Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
This if for LS1 prices, but theres a guy at lonsdale, On summerset court. Called Zelko he does tunes but doesn't dyno he also does intake and stuff. Bloke i work withs brother took his VX SS, Bought an OTR had it fitted tuned and had it on the dyno, Which Zelko takes himself apparently. and that was $1800

Where i went it cost $550 cash for the tune and dyno, but an otr through him was between $400-$1000 depending how you want to go with it. I'm guessing its pretty similar for a LS2

Hes On goodwood road just over cross roads. only 25 minute drive. Theres not really many places in lonsdale or south that do it. Theres a few dyno places but they want an arm and a leg to originze both.

I've got mine set up so its nice and drives like normal, but in power being an auto, it holds the gears longer. and its really aggressive changing gears and cherps when you give it ****. But driving it normally in power it doesn't cherp gears or anything just revs out a bit higher if you give it a boot fall at speed.

In my car it was definiatly noticeable and it made a fair difference in Fuel econ i think. I get between 13.5-16.5 litres per 100km around local. but on the open road sits pretty much dead on 10.

I don't know what you run yours on now but, When tuned you need to run them on BP ultimate, which is normally a good 10c a litre more.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Yeah i already run 98 in my car, pretty sure it's recommended for the LS2's so i'm already paying that extra 16c difference over 91. It's not that bad really price wise and i usually average around 15L/100km around the suburbs etc and i've had it in the low 11 with country driving. I can get around 430 - 450km a tank on most trips.

That's KPM isn't it? I've thought about going there but going by their prices on their website they do seem a little bit steep compared to others. I'm hoping to pay around $1300 for an OTR and tune going by what other people have paid etc.

Hazza, i keep seeing a black VY SS around the morphett vale and noarlunga area and i always think it's your car until i see it has XX plates and red leather interior.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep theres one identical too mine, In all seriousness i sore it in my rear vision mirror one day and it had me thinking #### am i in my car or what i was un sure for a few seconds haha.

Yeah KPM, when your ready to do it. I'll give you the managers number you ring or message him and originise to do it after hours doesn't go on the books but he can do it first thing on a saturday morning or one night after work. I got mine tuned and then a month later i went back for the dyno because it was around easter and i had stuff to do so does he. He can sell or orignize the OTR for you and fit it, All in one go. I'm guessing it would prob cost around $1,000 total.

I get around morphett Vale and noarlunga as well as my missus lives just by colonades. :)

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Haven't really got any quotes yet, it's still a while away before i'll get it done. I think i'm set on getting a plastic VCM OTR now, been tossing up between that and a Ramjet. Haha yep LS2, that's one of the main reasons i went VZ over VY. Does anyone recommend any good tuners in Adelaide? Down south would be nice, I'm close to Lonsdale but i don't really know if any of the places have a good reputation etc. Kinda want to keep my car in good hands :p

Give Daniel Olsen a call at Olsen Automotive lonsdale. He knows just about everything for commodore v8 especially ls1. He done all my mods and is reliable and fair prices. Got his own dyno and knows alot about tuning also. Best i have come across and has modified heaps of customers cars. Hes as honest as the day is long..you wont regret it...

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Olsen automotive ..Daniel Olsen
U 2/ 42 Roxburgh Ave
Lonsdale SA 5160
If you call him say Rob with the white SS sent you..he will look after you.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Does anyone else's driver seat squeak a bit while driving? I think it's coming from behind the plastic/pocket at the back of the seat. Gets kinda annoying sometimes :/

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Parents VX started too do it, Mines ok so far. I'm guessing its a pretty common thing. Were you down at christies today?

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Yeah, i've managed to stick my fingers down there and i can feel a metal plate or something, doesnt seem to squeak when my fingers are in there. Does anyone know how to remove the plastic panel?

Nah, haven't been down christies today, was only at morphett vale tonight.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I'm thinking of selling my factory hsv headers, cats and exhaust. Anyone got any idea on what the system is worth as a whole? I figure i'm not really going to use it, i just originally kept it in case i got defected for too loud with my new exhaust.