Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's 2005 VZ Clubsport

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Exhaust is looking tasty.

Shame about all that stone damage to ur front bar. A repray will be awesome.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Yep, my mates step brother is an apprentice spray painter so hopefully i can get it done a little bit cheaper than normal.

man u gotta love the VZ... not sure about you, but i would be keeping it as stock as possible, just a few tastefull mods etc, with Holden gone, there's going to be a cheap v8 shortage in the next decade. HSV's are just too good to just chop up/throw away bits etc. For example, if i were out looking to buy one of these i would want the suspension to be as stock as possible to the original clubbie spec (how do you know that the aftermarket crap thats been fitted to one actually makes it better handling then the original HSV item? etc).

Yeah, at the moment i'm only looking to do the exhaust, otr and a tune so they can be reversed pretty easily. I'm not sure if you can tell from the photos but i have a pretty steep driveway so i can't lower it at all anyway. I only have about half an inch of clearance now before the front or rear bar scrape the ground. When i was looking to buy a clubby i made sure i got one that was completely stock, i wasn't going to risk something that had already been modded because you never know what could have been done to it. One guy tried to sell me his vz that had been a repairable write off and thought he could get away without me finding out, and then played dumb when i told him that i knew it had been written off only a couple of months ago.

I use this car as my daily drive too because it's my only car, does anyone else do this? I wouldn't be able to go a whole week without driving it, how does anyone else survive? I'm lucky that my round trip to work from home is only about 15km so i don't put a huge amount of k's on it. I think i've only done about 7000km in 7 months.

Angeldust

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z series Clubsport HRT edition
i daily mine at the moment, and have been since i have got it. But because i loove it so much i want to keep for as long as i can (20+ years) so im going to look at buying a brand new 4cyl shitbox (15-25K, i havent decided what yet) for the daily work grind (its a 75km round trip)... as i want to keep my clubbie as best as possible etc. I really love this car (vz), i mean how many cars that weigh in at ~1600kg come with a 6ltr motor?

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I ordered a dash mat a few weeks ago through autobarn and it arrived a couple of days ago. It's the sunland brand of dash mat, but it doesn't really fit too well over the dash gauges, it's like they've moulded the humps too shallow. Also got my exhaust fitted :D Sounds really nice and deep, it's definitely loud being a dual 3" but i'll see how it goes over the next few months and decided if i want to downgrade at all. Will get a sound clip in a few weeks once the exhaust has settled and has a bit of carbon build up.

A pic of the dash mat and how it doesn't sit too well over the dash gauges

Exhaust with 3 1/8" tips

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
You'll have to post a vid of the exhaust would love to hear it! I've got a 2.5" manta and it sounds great. Although would love it to be abit louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Your exhaust must sound good mate, hanging for the clip.

I know what you mean about driving it everyday. I was originaly going to sell my daily (the old p plate mobile) but I just didn't want to put so many k's on my ss. And the difference in fuel cost is pretty large lol. I do miss the power driving to and from work though.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Looking good man. Never been big on dash mats are they really worth having?

I'd like some exhaust clips as well ;)

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Your exhaust must sound good mate, hanging for the clip.

I know what you mean about driving it everyday. I was originaly going to sell my daily (the old p plate mobile) but I just didn't want to put so many k's on my ss. And the difference in fuel cost is pretty large lol. I do miss the power driving to and from work though.

See, i think of it differently. I only really got about 350-370km out of about 54L in my old VN V6 where as with the clubby i can get around 430-450km from about 68L of fuel so they are very similar on fuel usage. The difference between 91 and 98 is only about $10 - $15 a tank for me, so over the course of a week or two i might only be paying an extra $25 a fortnight extra. As for the extra k's i usually do less than 12,000km a year so i'm not too fussed.

love the hsv mate,black is back-lol,exhaust looks good too

Cheers man, i love the black too, and i actually look forward to a saturday morning wash every week now.

Looking good man. Never been big on dash mats are they really worth having?

I'd like some exhaust clips as well ;)

I'm not sure if it's worth having yet. I got it to try and cut down a little bit of glare from the dash and hopefully to protect it a little bit. In the end it was on sale from autobarn for $40 so i figured i couldn't go wrong!

Exhaust clip is here too and i'll post it soon. Went out and filmed a little bit this afternoon because it's a really nice day compared to the last week.

Also picked up a K&N air filter this morning from supercheap for $33 which was "super cheap" and figured it was worth grabbing for that price! Saved $76 and it's on sale til the 2/3/14 if anyone else wants to grab one (or two).

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
with the dash mats it comes down to personal choice,mine had one when I bought the car and I seriously wouldn't go without it,cuts glare saves the dash etc,only prob I have had is under heavy acceleration she slides into the passenger seat a bit,i have solved this prob with a bit of Velcro etc however they are a pain to get to stick on the dash

yeah I can imagine looking forward to washing her every sat,not many cars do that to you-lol

wish we had a supercheap here,closest is 45 mins away or a bit more-lol