Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Master cylinder

Budz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Paiste402 how much trouble did u have gettin any nd all air out of ur brake lines after fixing them?

Budz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
question ive got a new problem with my brakes 1 the new master cylinder i got is different to my old one my old one was the rectangle shape n the new one is an oval shape is the any difference between the two beside the resivor. problem 2 after bleeding the brakes the pedal is back up where it should b but after the car is started i lose my brakes agian need urgent help??

havick vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore
you have to bench bleed the master cyliner before putting it on to the booster or the air will be stuck in the mastercylinder...do this by blocking off the holes were the brake lines go in then with a screw driver push the cylinder in and out then while pushing it in realease the wholes and air should come out

Budz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
you have to bench bleed the master cyliner before putting it on to the booster or the air will be stuck in the mastercylinder...do this by blocking off the holes were the brake lines go in then with a screw driver push the cylinder in and out then while pushing it in realease the wholes and air should come out

thanks for that will take it bak off the car 2moro and bench bleed it. is there any difference in the rectangle master cylinder to the oval shape one?

Budz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
got master cylinder all sorted got all air out than when i started the car the pedal went again all the way to the floor but with car off its back up any ideas help needed urgently?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Does the booster hold vacuum ? with the engine off if you flex the hose connector to the booster can you hear air sucking in ( if yes then ok )
might need to bleed the brakes as well. The pedal should sink a bit when you start it but not go to the floor. good luck with it.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
no real difference that i know of between the oval and rectangular reservoirs, the reservoirs and cylinders arent interchangeable though.

RE the pipe spanners, looking back I should have gone for better quality ones, the ones i have are OK but a better set would allow me to tighten the ferrule nuts with more confidence of not rounding em off.

Greenacc, from what you described RE the pedal travel with and without engine power your booster will be fine, bleed the brakes in order from longest line to shortest, let it sit for a day so that the tiny bubbles come together, these will bleed easier when you repeat the process the next day, make sure there's no fluid leaks from the brake lines or the nipples on the calipers. Failing that take it somewhere and get a professional to do it, not really a job to tackle if you dont know what you're doing.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
To me it sounds like air somwhere to me. As said, bleed from rear passsenger side first then make your way to the front.
Q. Are you bleeding them properly, only reason i ask is i remember somone was on here before and they wernt closing the bleeder nipple(or bottle and tube) before lifting their foot off the pedal and sucking air back into each caliper as they done it.

Budz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
thanks guys booster is working alright had the brakes working real well last night after bleeding them so ill rebleed them on saturday morning n leave it til sunday n bleed them agian. yeah im bleeding them the right way by gettin some1 to press pedal in and hold while i open bleeder than close it than tell them to release and press pedal in agian so will hav an update on how it goes on the weekend

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
Paiste402 how much trouble did u have gettin any nd all air out of ur brake lines after fixing them?

hey man, sorry bout late reply.

I cheated, following the advice of an old family friend i simply dissconnected the master cylinder from the booster and simply moved them back a little since the lines are slightly move-able. Yea i cheated and never dissconnected the lines.