Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mikes 96 S2 Caprice

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Hey mate, not sure on the GTS rims, but in my opinion the current ones you have on it look amazing.
I if were you I'd just lower the car a tad and then leave it as is.

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
Hey mate, not sure on the GTS rims, but in my opinion the current ones you have on it look amazing.
I if were you I'd just lower the car a tad and then leave it as is.

Yeah I think I'm leaning towards doing that. At the moment, with the camber issue, which I've been told is normal for these old IRS Holdens, isn't as bad with the stock rims, and the tyres can ust be rotated. If I put wider, lower profile tyres, I'm likely gunne need a camber kit, so there's about 500 installed, then the GTS rims need a clean up to get rid of all the marks, so that was gunna be another 600. So $11-1200 just to get the new rims on there probably isn't worth it. Might save up for some VY Sigs, but in no real rush.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Any of you guys on here with Stato's had to modify your guards to fit 19's??

I had 19x8's on mine for a while, they fit fine, took them off because the car looked like a 4x4 on standard suspension with giant rims.

Now running 16" WH Caprice wheels, they look perfect on white VR/VS's
like these:
1207_1.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Quick question. If I was to put the VX GTS rims on, would I need to roll the rear guards to fit them under?? It sits reasonably low at the rear at the moment, not sure if it's been lowered, these didn't come with fe2 or anything, so not sure if it's just the stock height.

I did the tyre/rim comparison online, and it worked out that the overall diametre was actually going to be a 10mm smaller, so in theory, they should fit no drama's ay??? Or is there more to it than that?

I had them on the BT1, and they fit fine, no scraping etc, and that had the stock fe2. But the BT1 had arched guards, whereas the Caprice is straight.

Any of you guys on here with Stato's had to modify your guards to fit 19's??

dont know why but my original post disappeared

VX GTS rims will fit perfectly. i had VY Senator Sigs on my stato. i never had a problem with scrubbing on the inner or outter.

now im running simmon 20" rims, and still dont have any issues. so to answer your question, you wont have any dramas with these rims.

also if you're interested: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/parts-other-items-sale/251827-fs-shygmhs-exhaust.html

MIK85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Caprice 5.0
Hey Jecs, I'm very interested in your system. When I'm at work tomorrow I'll pm you about it, my phone keeps crashing and it's giving me the shits!!!!