Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Minimum Wage...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
20 years old working in a bottle shop. $19.65 an hour. time and a half on sundays, double time on public holidays. easy work. i also get an extra $3 an hour if im in charge of the store during that time

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Funnily enough an AWA cant pay you lower than the minimum wage. More unionised dribble from you.

Minimum wage for that job as specified under the Award system or the national minimum wage?

If you could point me to the specific section in the Workplace Relations Regulations because I cant seem to find it because it doesnt seem to be written in english just lawyer speek.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
VN2NV, see if your gf is interested in bar work? It's something my gf has really taken to and gets paid nearly $20 an hour, casual. Plus overtime depending on day of week, public holidays etc. It costs about $150 i think it was for the RSA and combined RCG courses (1 day each from memory) and thats all thats needed as a qualification. Might vary a bit for SA, but could be worth a shot?

Me on the other hand, grossing nearly $1200 a week with 20% tax regardless of age, i enjoy what i do even if it comes with some expenses. Just means i get quarterly BAS reimbursements and a decent tax return :w00t:

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
If I understand correctly the old system of different awards and EBA's for different businesses has been scrapped and the new pay scales system covers each occupation on a regional basis and is applicable to all businesses employing an employee doing that occupation in that regional area. Comparing the old EBA I was on (until I was salaried at the beginning of this week) with the new system the guaranteed pay rate is $1.64 less under the new system ($17.57 versus 15.95). The upside of this system is that all the pay scales are adjusted in line with the minimum wage increases automatically. The downside is it appears as though a lot of people will have lower guaranteed wages if my personal example is anything to go by.

Here is the link to the pay scales for anyone who is interested.

https://www.workchoices.gov.au/ourplan/payconditions/PayScaleSummaries2006/PayScaleSummariesA-C.htm

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Thats really sounds like a ****ty wage when I left school I worked at Hungry Jacks for a while, 18yr old casual rates and I was getting $14 something bucks an hr- this was 11 years ago now too.

try working there and only getting $4.13 p/h:cry: that was 6 years ago ( i was 15 though )

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I worked for KFC as a casual and was paid $11.40 an hour when i was 19. When i became a manager there i was on $17.42 an hour.

Now working in retail, casual and getting 18.70 an hour. Now i'm 20.

Some retail stores are crap pay, while others are better if they have a large company. (other stores and different brands all under the same name)

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
im a general labourer in a leather processing factory i get 16.95 an hour when i was 15 i left school and was getting 15.23 an hour in a canery processing tinned food goods i have never been paid less then 14 an hour