Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MINT VS-S s2

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
No worries. :) they Arnt to bad but some nice 18s or 19s would look sweet.. why Arnt you lowering it yourself?? save yourself money and DIY.. That way you can use the extra money and buy some more mods instead of putting it in someone elses pocket.. its piece of piss to do
I don't know how to do it. I don't have anyone who knows how to do it to help me...
What wheels would you suggest I have a look at? VY sigs?

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Have you had a look at the suspension to suss it out??? the rears are piece of piss you will be able to do them without a drama.. pretty much just 2bolts each side (shock absorber) and the front is a couple extra… il see if i can get some pics of what bolts to undo in my car to help you out a bit.. well its your choice on what wheels you think you should get there are heaps of rims out there that suit VR/VS models. just go to google and search vs with rims or something along those lines and there will be lots of vr/vs models with different rims on there that you can pick but i cant find my favourite ones and im not to sure what they are called lol...

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Have you had a look at the suspension to suss it out??? the rears are piece of piss you will be able to do them without a drama.. pretty much just 2bolts each side (shock absorber) and the front is a couple extra… il see if i can get some pics of what bolts to undo in my car to help you out a bit.. well its your choice on what wheels you think you should get there are heaps of rims out there that suit VR/VS models. just go to google and search vs with rims or something along those lines and there will be lots of vr/vs models with different rims on there that you can pick but i cant find my favourite ones and im not to sure what they are called lol...
Nah haven't had a look yet. Does it make a difference with IRS?
I'm pretty happy with the wheels that are on it now, but I'll have a look around to see if anything gets my attention.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im not 100% sure if it does but im guessing it should be similar.. just undo the 2 bolts that hold the shocks in and u can push down on your diff which will allow you to just pull the spring out.. well thats what its like on live axle but maybe irs you might be able to push the axle down and not the whole diff.. take some pics and il have a look… the front you undo the top bolts on the strut top under the bonnet then there are 2 massive bolts that are bolted to a bracket thing behind the disc and then it just comes out but make sure you twist the brake hose off the struts tho

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Its different with IRS you need to take the shock of to do it properly and best use spring compressors so you dont have a spring under tention fling out and smack you in the leg while your jumping on a jack handle. If you go to a place like BURSONS use to be motor traders you get the parts pretty cheap, my springs cost me

$115 for the rear King springs any size
$99 for the front king springs
Front struts were $106 each
Rear where $103 for the pair
Ended up costing me $530 i did it all myself so thats all it cost and ill align it myself at work as im an aligner.

You may not get it that cheap but normally if you go via a mechanic or pedders they put at least 15/20 % markup on everything plus fitting, so your best just buying parts and getting them to fit them. Also id also make sure when its lowered it gets aligned by someone who adjusts camber not just some clown who toes cars up and thats it.

If someone that knows what there doing does it you dont have to worry about it falling apart on you its all done properly and at once, and normally you can get an alignment cheaper when you get the person to fit them. Check your swaybar links as well while its apart if there not to crash hot might be worth while changing.

I was looking at this kit on ebay.
$620 posted is pretty good, prob another $120/$150 to have it fitted and aligned as well

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Hey I had a look. Also I have a great mechanic, no short cuts. So...I asked my cousin a while back and he said that king springs ride stiff and recommended aurora springs. Any good?

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Doesn't matter what you get it will be stiff, If you dont want a stiff ride dont lower it, if you have really soft comfy springs when you lower it, at 80km you go into a dip or out on the open road its just going to bounce around and more likely to bottom out. im sure they would be fine going over speed bumps when you basically stop though...

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Doesn't matter what you get it will be stiff, If you dont want a stiff ride dont lower it, if you have really soft comfy springs when you lower it, at 80km you go into a dip or out on the open road its just going to bounce around and more likely to bottom out. im sure they would be fine going over speed bumps when you basically stop though...
Ah ok so you reckon king springs are good bang for buck? Also I'm only going legal limit so I don't have to worry about the cops at the moment it's about 380mm rear and 370mm front. I can put it down to 350mm rear and 360mm front. Sound good?

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah ok so you reckon king springs are good bang for buck? Also I'm only going legal limit so I don't have to worry about the cops at the moment it's about 380mm rear and 370mm front. I can put it down to 350mm rear and 360mm front. Sound good?

I have king springs in mine and it rides ok except for when i hit a bump in the road then its a B***h.. Down the highway or smooth road road it isn’t to bad but as soon as you hit one of those dodgy ass council road fix ups then it can be annoying..

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
I have king springs in mine and it rides ok except for when i hit a bump in the road then its a B***h.. Down the highway or smooth road road it isn’t to bad but as soon as you hit one of those dodgy ass council road fix ups then it can be annoying..
Ah **** haha. Oh well I guess thats the price I'm going to have to pay to look killa :p