Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mobile Phones

Which OS does your phone run?

• iOS

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Android

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Windows

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
I have to agree partly m1lm03. However, i would prefer to know that my apps are 100% virus free. Apple go thru each app submission to make sure they are not malicious. I heard one story about android that made me glad i have iOS. a customer walked into a bank in america and asked the teller operator if the bank app was down for maintenance. He had no clue and said that he would check with their Tech Department. He rang thru to them and enquired about their banking app. The tech's response was, "what bank app???". It was a harmless app that had been written by a user. It logged into the banks system thru the online banking website and displayed as if it was a genuine app. However, do you know how easy it would have been to add a little bit of code to add a keylogger to it so that they steal all the bank info?? pretty damn simple.

As i said i use my iPhone for everything from JC to banking, all the way down to games. Atleast i know when i log into Bankwest by my phone,that its safe and secure.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I have to agree partly m1lm03. However, i would prefer to know that my apps are 100% virus free. Apple go thru each app submission to make sure they are not malicious. I heard one story about android that made me glad i have iOS. a customer walked into a bank in america and asked the teller operator if the bank app was down for maintenance. He had no clue and said that he would check with their Tech Department. He rang thru to them and enquired about their banking app. The tech's response was, "what bank app???". It was a harmless app that had been written by a user. It logged into the banks system thru the online banking website and displayed as if it was a genuine app. However, do you know how easy it would have been to add a little bit of code to add a keylogger to it so that they steal all the bank info?? pretty damn simple.

As i said i use my iPhone for everything from JC to banking, all the way down to games. Atleast i know when i log into Bankwest by my phone,that its safe and secure.

I'm unsure of the validity of that example, but there was a security event a while ago that forced Google to change their app release protocol and introduce Bouncer. To be frank, saying your 'safe and secure' on anything IT with WAN connectivity is kidding yourself. It's unlikely is all.

All comes down to the user with anything in that respect, that's how most malware succeeds these days - user ignorance and stupidity. I sure wouldn't blindly put faith in Apple or any others; check the app vendor, official reviews, user comments and look at what the application can access before you agree to install.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
(android) first gen motorola electrify, old man sent it to me. pretty zippy phone, loads stuff quick. its got a built in kick stand, best of all it was free...

electrifyfull-20110912.jpg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Nokia N9.
runs the Meego operating system.
does the job.

also its a Nokia. it doesn't need a case. :p
although I do have the black rubber case that came with it on it, just because.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Galaxy S2 running Jellybean 4.1.2 at the moment. It's been through a few different roms/kernels since I've had it as I like to play around with it. I had AOKP 4.2.2 on it for a little while but it didn't seem to like it so I changed it. Dunno if that was mine or the roms fault lol...

I've also got the CM 10.1 zip file on my SDcard but haven't tried it yet.

My plan ends in August so I'll probably have a look what's around then to update. Maybe an S4 depending on what else is around at the time.

The S2 has been a great phone though. I tossed up between that and an iphone and I'm glad I went with the Galaxy.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Android all the way, never owned a iphone and don't plan to either.

Device: Nexus 4

Reason: Cheap stock Android and I get the updates first :)

Case: Slim little black case. Hard plastic.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Phone: HTC Incredible S
Rom: Android ICS (Revolution HD)
Case: Cheap leather flip one off eBay

going to get a 4s in August for free :D

Kinng

Wongy295

Donating Member