Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mobile Phones

Which OS does your phone run?

• iOS

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Android

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Windows

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
soooooo do I go S4 or note 2(or whatever is out) in November when my current phone is up???

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
soooooo do I go S4 or note 2(or whatever is out) in November when my current phone is up???

I don't know about the S4 but my brother has a Note 2 and he uses it a fair bit and it has fantastic battery life. Though the S4 is supposed to as well.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't know about the S4 but my brother has a Note 2 and he uses it a fair bit and it has fantastic battery life. Though the S4 is supposed to as well.

I'm thinking screen real estate etc. Hoping it's just a bigger s4 by the time I get one. I find most smart phones plain annoying for email etc. Not entirely sure about the size though. :unsure:

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I have a Note 2, 4G version. Incredible battery life for such a large screen. Really enjoying this bad boy! You might want to play with one in store, as the size isn't for everyone.

I think the S4 is a bit overrated IMO, but each to their own.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
HTC Desire HD - been through hell and back this phone! Beer spills, fallen off ladders and a bit of fruit ninja rage haha. Still going strong (minus the camera at times).

pretty impressed with the toughness of the htc. Contracts up very soon so still deciding what to get next. Another HTC or a galaxy!

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Galaxy note 2 all the way. Only rooted stock 4.1.1 firmware, to remove bloat apps, and get a full day of heavy use without charging!

Sent from my N7105 using Tapatalk 2

T-Bone75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline, VC resto
Well if you care about the screen (and if you're buying a phone with a huge screen, you obviously do) then consider that the Note II actually has a lower resolution than the Note I. And neither are close to the S4's 1920x1080. Why anyone would buy a bigger screen with LESS pixels is beyond me. Do some research.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Surprised how many people have the Note 2. Becoming very popular.

Got a Note 2 4G here as well, very happy with most of it. Would like to root it but unsure how, and don't want to sacrifice the Samsung tricks (S-Pen detection, Air View)

Reaper, Note III announcement looks to be September. Rumours suggest a 6 inch HD screen of PenTile matrix, and possibly another build material rather than plastic due to the lower manufacturing volume, plus all the S4 tricks and more.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
You can root the device without affecting the OS, that just gives you full superuser access. There'd probably be a bunch of ROM's that retain all that functionality too but offer more apps/functions/access and less bloat.

6"? Lol, and I thought I looked like a knob with 5.5" to my ear :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Surprised how many people have the Note 2. Becoming very popular.

Got a Note 2 4G here as well, very happy with most of it. Would like to root it but unsure how, and don't want to sacrifice the Samsung tricks (S-Pen detection, Air View)

Reaper, Note III announcement looks to be September. Rumours suggest a 6 inch HD screen of PenTile matrix, and possibly another build material rather than plastic due to the lower manufacturing volume, plus all the S4 tricks and more.

I had heard the Note III was due soon. Will probably wait and see what it's like. The S4 looks good too though. S4 features with a bigger screen would be ideal