Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monaro bonnet on vx ss?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
true. whats wrong with the stock bonnet though

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
look better then the VE walky bonnet, looks like a giant penis.

And thus the Monaro bonnet looks like a rather unhealthy penis. Still I don't mind the look of them, can anyone confirm on fibreglass bonnets, are they legal? I heard they weren't, something about the performance in a crash comparable to steel?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
i like them on monaro's

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Ahh, thought so. Thanks for clearing that up :)

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
if you want to keep engine temps down go back to carby and run a cleaner through the bonnet. or fit a 6/71 and have no bonnet at all.

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
there are no gains, its just a cooler engine, which in the long run the money you spend on a new bonnet gives you a cooler engine then a stock bonnet, and the bonnets are sexy and i looked into them a while back, but they are worth what you pay for them imo.

and did your two cars have different intake systems? or were they the same as well?

Nar exactly the same in every detail Accessories, Engine, Wheels even Color, we used to hire them out as wedding cars. Mine has done 105000 and the other 115000

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
i like them on monaro's

for me the same they look great on the monaro mmmm monaro but for some reason i dont like them on the sedan...the bonnet scoops were a hot topic at holden whether to have them or not

By BRUCE NEWTON writer for goauto.com.au

the spin from Holden is that market research showed that potential buyers love the scoops and prefer them over the more traditional look. The debate went all the way to board level where the marketing graphs and charts eventually took sway over the alarm bells ringing in the minds of some very senior Holden executives.

The grimace on Holden engineering boss Tony Hyde’s face during the launch as he said "don’t they look great" perhaps summed up the mixed feelings within the company.