Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

more important (Go or Show)

go or show

• go (be quick)

Votes: 126 72.0%
  • show (look good)

Votes: 62 35.4%

• Total voters

ASIAN_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Toyota Supra JZA80 N/a
Here's my 2 cents.

In my opinion its SHOW before GO.

Reason for this (IMO) is simple, you could only go so fast on our AUSSIE roads, WITH OUT RISKIN YOUR LIFE AND OTHERS ON OUR ROADS!! So why bother investing $$$$ into performance? Unless your at the tracks most of the times.
Plus MOST of the Commies that are 6's have plenty of power as is. (IMO)

Althought others can beg to differ. Every body is different and have different ideas when it comes down to our beloved HOLDENS :D

Cheers,
MAK :D

Last edited:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i voted show, i like extra power, its nice. but you take off too fast you get done, you speed you get done. corner too fast get done etc etc. theres limits (laws) to what you can get up to.....legally so. you dont need a 12 sec car to pick up the milk and bread but. it would be nice. im into the show i like looking at my car and thinkin 'niiiiice!' and watching other people doing the same thing. i just would feel short changed spendin $2000 on eng/performance mods and nobody can appreciate it if its hiding under a bonnet. everyone to there own i guess. i personally wont think any higher or lower of you wheather you buy a turbo or a good set of mags.

but on the other hand ive always had a soft spot for street sleepers but. nothing i respect more than someone in a car that looks like it takes pops to lawn bowls, would have trouble beating a kombi van at the lights, but is capable of leaving cars threetimes better looking in its mirrors!!! its good entertainment value especially if you sittin shotgun in the sleeper... the shocked faces you see as you wave bye!

my two cents

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i think there should be a balance but personally i dnt see the point of having xcesive hp wen the speed limit is 60 to 110. speeding is just a waste of money. y go fast when u can go at the speed limit n look good and be comfortable.

i tend more towards looks and interior mods. i cant see the outside of my car wen im driving. id rather be comfortable when i drive.

but thats just me.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
mattman said:
Save the 8 for when you are 25... at least you can get decent insurance then....

Mine's a bitch..

no wonder the way you drive

RebelSS

RebelSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV A6
Show or Go

Definitey go.

Show: Someone will always wanted more than you.

Go: Well, they don't have a chance to get it.

Those 'sleepers', always get them.:bow:

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Fore me its go as ive got a 253 v8, but also just to have it looking clean is as far as i will go for show.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I think they are equally important, but if you have alot of show, you gotta add to the go as well.

At the moment my car is mostly show, but thats only until I have enough money to either get a C.O.M.E. 4.2L Stroker engine or do an engine conversion to an L67.

Last edited:

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
its gotta be a mix of both, u cant have show with no go, but also u cant just have go with no show