Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

more important (Go or Show)

go or show

• go (be quick)

Votes: 126 72.0%
  • show (look good)

Votes: 62 35.4%

• Total voters

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
but both are soo expensive that im basically neither

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I love a nice clean sleeper, so it's gotta be GO for me!

My VN V6 is a rocket compared to what I could drive and insure at 18 in the UK! Try doing 0-100 in 14 or 15 seconds (in a 1.3 litre), then get into a V6 commodore and see what you think!! It was only when I hit 25 I could afford to insure a 1.8 litre Golf GTI in the UK, so I reckon you guys and girls are really lucky to be able to drive commodores and similar cars at 17 or 18!

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i believe both r important but go must be put before show or it can get embarssing when dragging ( not that i do that ):whistling

TheKMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I think you have to have a bit of both. The more go the better, but it's limited as to what you can do with it on the roads, and most people want to be noticed so it's probably more show. But you can't go full bling-bling and have nothing under the bonnet to back it up, although any well-breathing Commy should have enough power to satisfy all the show someone wants to throw at it ;)

T

Till_Lind

Show, and more people should be I think. Because I have seen some God ugly Falcons and Commodores in my time.

R

russ_h

definetly go. why spend thousands on ur hidiously ugly vomit inducing sick spoiler kit with the disgusting towel rack on the boot of a clapped out v6? putting show before go is just the penis enlarging complex, da chicks luv it u know. it is nice having a tidy car, but going over the top with stupid spoilers, tacky looking chrome rims and and that shitty looking white panels on the interior that i have seen so many nauseating times makes me laugh. Oh yeh and lowering a car so much so that u see no tyre on top centre of the rim... because u realy need the thing to stick better to the road when u drive down the coast at 30kmh beeping horn at underage girls.

In my opinion a car should never be done up to look better than it goes.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I'm currently trying to make my car run perfect and have it go harder.
The look is second to that i will wake years to have it look great but until then it will if it's the last thing i do run like new before it looks hot.

I have seen so many hotted up cars that look great and don't even have a sport system, 19" rims full body kits look hot, Start them up stock stock stock soft ****:p

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
Show. Most stock commodore engines have enough go in them anyways. Save the go for a racetrack - speed kills.

CommodoreChick

Resident Female Bevan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK
Go.... for sure.
Of course a mix of both would be nice, but I will have go over show anyday.
I have a couple of cars I want after the VK, first a Val charger, but after that Im going to get an LX torrie hatch... I plan to make it matt black and stock as but with the toughest engine that money and power/weight ratio laws will allow. (mind you this will have to be when Im no longer a poor ass uni student :D )