Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MuckUte's VS Caprice S2

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Mines not doing too bad. Sitting just under half.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Found out that 37° + AC + towing + $100 Al/plastic radiator + heading home up freeway = OVERHEAT :(

Don't worry your not alone.....I can't go up the hill with my AC on with days like this as well (let alone towing)

Mine has had the entire cooling system replaced (including a new factory spec radiator) and still does it.

on 30+ degree days my temps will sit between 1/2 and 3/4 without a/c climing that hill on the freeway (it's a car killer that one)......everywhere else it is fine though.

Generally on the 35 degree and up weekends it doesn't even leave the garage (and if for some reason it does I take it easy and sit at 80km/h and low revs up the hill to reduce strain, generally helps it stay around 1/2)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
oh dear.

the old holden 8's don't like summer don't they?

Well you have to remember, the block and it's cooling system were designed decades ago........there weren't many cars back then that struggled on hot days.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Must have been spoilt with my rodeo, fully loaded 100kph and 15° in the cab up the hill.

Only got just above half today before I turned the AC off so I doubt there's any damage done. Was stoked that the AC was ice cold until it had to go off.

Glad I got my fridge setup in the back, Site fridge was dead.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Big update.

Have been given the green light to upgrade :thumbsup:, looked at a WM Caprice on the weekend and was told by my better half that she could get very used to driving one.

This means it's time to find a new home for my current ride

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
ermagherd.

I was sad when I parted ways with my old VR but I still see it heaps. although I go love my WK. a WM sould be nice, although I'm not really that keen on the shape of them myself.

the newer statesman/caprices are gorgeous cars to drive so you'll enjoy it either way.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
ermagherd.

I was sad when I parted ways with my old VR but I still see it heaps. although I go love my WK. a WM sould be nice, although I'm not really that keen on the shape of them myself.

the newer statesman/caprices are gorgeous cars to drive so you'll enjoy it either way.

When I got this car it was just as a runabout until I got my WB Ute back on the road then the plan was to get rid of it but now since then there has been an addition to the family and 2 seats wont cut it. Haven't gotten really attached to it, selling the ute was a much harder decision. I have spent more time and money fixing things than I should have for a daily but it bugs me to drive a car when things aren't working properly. Maybe a bit of OCD?

Have looked at a couple of WM's now and really like them inside and out. I think Holden were on the right track with the outside of the WK compared to the horrible looking WH but the interior of the WK's still doesn't do it for me. And I have to say the boot of the WM is Huuuuuuge!

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the WH looks shocking, just like a VT. to me a statesman/caprice should have bold, angular lines to give it that limousine feel.

I like the interior of my WK. my only gripe was with the factory stereo, the dash has 50+ buttons with it (believe me I counted them before I put in a aftermarket deck)