Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MuckUte's VS Caprice S2

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Pic of the damage, the Doc said I just missed the tendon.

Finished early today and yesterday, got the engine back together yesterday. Today decided to start dynamating my doors, got the drivers front door done but broke the door lock button.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Oh man, hope it get better soon.

Good to see get thing back on engine. Door lock button the red kerb that that operates lock and unlock is broken?

It's a pain to keep clean working on my car and at work (plumbing). Both the red locking clip and the lock button are broken. Have ordered 4 new ones.

Got the Dynamat done on the passenger door and also sorted out the rattles in the rods for the lock mechanism.

Ever since I serviced the trans I have had a grinding sort of noise when accelerating, couldn't see anything underneath, uni's all good, center bearing looked good, the only thing I had done was take out the Y piece for the exhaust and change the trans oil. I was hoping that I hadn't damaged the trans somehow. The only other suggestion I could find was engine mounts but they both looked good, pulled the passenger one out and without any weight on it it didn't look quite so good.

Now the only noise when I floor it is that sweet V8 rumble :spot on:

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Got a few jobs done yesterday.

Finished fitting the door speakers properly, had to fit the grilles after kicking them a few times getting in and out of the car. Had to make some spacers, they're a bit rough but can't be seen so i'm not really concerned

They are round even though they don't look it in the picture.

And the finished product

Got the sump plug fixed after I was sold the wrong seal.

Re-fitted the outer door moulds that have been starting to fall off, found that one had been stuck on at one stage with liquid nails. The double sided tape and polyurethane adhesive were easy to clean off but the liquid nails was a massive PITA. Re fitted using the factory method of double sided tape and polyurethane adhesive.

After work tonight I got out with the polish and made it look a bit more shiny. It's definitely looking 100% on when I first test drove it.

Last big bit to clean will be the engine bay

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Spent Thursday evening installing these,

The dual battery isolator is the usual SCA junk, the main and reserve battery terminals were back to front so it didn't work when I set it up using the instructions.

That was the last thing to do before taking it for a quick spin to check everything after all the work I've done.

The 'test drive' was a 2300k round trip to Orange. Made it there and back with no issues except for being covered in bugs and grime because it rained most of the way there and back.

Was stoked at the fuel economy, ended up averaging 10.8 l/100ks, wasn't expecting it to be that good considering as far as I can tell it's an unopened 5.0 with over 300k on the clock. That's even better than the Prado did on the last two trips and being a 3.0 diesel there was no comparison when it came to overtaking with the 5.0.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Well.... My work truck has crapped its gearbox and as a reward I get to to drive the Caprice and tow my trailer to site until it gets fixed.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Found out that 37° + AC + towing + $100 Al/plastic radiator + heading home up freeway = OVERHEAT :(

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Hope the motor hasnt cooked it.