Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1981 VH SL/E (not dial up friendly)

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
thanks mate, i was wrapped when i found it for sale on the side of the road and then speaking to the owners found out it was in there family since new her grandmother bought it then passed it down to her once she got her lic then it was off the road for 3 years so when i got it was looking very very sad...

yeh she sits low but suprisnly it hasnt scrapped on anything yet and rides awsome just need to swap out all the old bushes with nolathane ones to get it cornering better and new tyres would help too (sounds like im doing skids just turning corners)

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
got my self a vn fuel door and realese assebly today

vnfuelflapmod2.jpg

vnfuelflapmod.jpg

vnfuelflapmod4.jpg

just need to run the cable into the car and mount the release handle

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
all done even used the original blots and just tapped the thread in (unlike others ive seen n self tapped)

vnfuelflapmod5.jpg

vnfuelflapmod6.jpg

btw thats not rust lol its red dust :oops:

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
indicators turned up today

newindicators1.jpg

newindicators2.jpg

newindicators.jpg

im now on the lookout for a donor car for the engine transplant, im not bothering with the 202 thats getting sold, looking at either v6 manuals or v8 autos both efi.....

SwitcH 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 VK Calais
Rides lookin' sweet man. What size rubber you running on the rear? My calais is about as low as yours and 205's scraped, which led to the guards needing to be rolled.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
looks like this is coming along nicely! i think it will look much neater with the black door strips removed... good luck with it :thumbsup:

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
tyres are 205/65/15's and there is plenty of room (on one side lol) , but i need a adj panhard bar to centralize the diff but deffinetly dosent scrape

not sure about getting rid of the door stripes as i like the more original looking type of car, but once it gets a fresh coat ill be sure to think about it more be better to see them all off to get a better idea as i had taken one off n it just looked dull..

SwitcH 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 VK Calais
I used to have a plain white VB, was boring as. I reckon the stripes give it an original, yet 'unique' look. I'd keep 'em, personally...

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
wow its come a long way. looks a lot better than in the first lot of pics.

i suggest keeping the stripes. and how bout some polished SLE wheels and removing the lion from the grille? just some ideas to make it look good and isnt permanent.