Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1995 Holden VS Berlina Sedan - L67, A2A Intercooled, Plus Heaps More

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Wow, thats a biblical amount of torque for a V6, impressive!

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Gotta be happy with those numbers mate, that torque figure is unreal! Congrats on getting this far :thumbsup:

I remember in your old thread you were gonna install some SS fog lamps, are you still going that route? That is if the cooler pipes permit.

Looking forward to seeing some vids now

I am happy with those numbers! It's pretty much where I wanted it to be (rwkw wise), had no idea that the torque would be as much as it is but that's a huge bonus haha

Yeah I have the brand new SS bumper bar and fog lights and everything but don't think I'm going to fit them, happy with how the car looks as it is, I think I tried sitting a fog light behind the bumper and it will fit with the intercooler pipe there, but will probably end up selling the bar and lights, etc.

Vids will come eventually ;)

Wow, thats a biblical amount of torque for a V6, impressive!

Hahaha biblical, yeah I was impressed when I heard how much it was making!

Good numbers there Ben.

Wonders how long that gearbox will last with that torque:whistling

Phrase of the day

Haha we'll see, but I think the gearbox should hold up fine, it seems to be strong and if it lasted on the dyno, then it should be a while before I need to do anything with it :) The T5 is stronger than the transmission I had in the car, that couldn't handle it haha

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
just went through the whole thread, awesome car mate the V8's wont see whats coming, i never thought you can get that much torque out of a V6, ever had it on the strip? ill love to see what times it puts out

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
just went through the whole thread, awesome car mate the V8's wont see whats coming, i never thought you can get that much torque out of a V6, ever had it on the strip? ill love to see what times it puts out

Haha that's true, some people with V8's will get a bit of a shock. Nah I have never dragged it, but may one day just to see what times it gets, but probably won't be for a while. Would be good to know what times it puts out though

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
great result! what did they rev it to?

Soft rev cut is 6100rpm. Stock bottom end on this one. Could have kept making power further easily as he's done a really good job on the set up

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
nice one, looks likes a good setup. Might have to check my valve springs. Im getting a boost spike at 5600-5700rpm with XP Hot cam. How are the IAT's?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
nice one, looks likes a good setup. Might have to check my valve springs. Im getting a boost spike at 5600-5700rpm with XP Hot cam. How are the IAT's?

55deg c in the LIM at worst on the dyno. Street is much cooler

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
UPDATE: I have now moved up to Queensland, and my VS has of course gone with me. Now will no longer be seen at car meets in Victoria. But looking forward to taking it to some events here in Queensland. I hired a 4WD to tow it up and went well, besides a few stone chips on the VS which I am a bit upset about considering I had the front end resprayed not that long ago, it made it up safely.

Also I have now sold my daily 2008 Ford BF MKII SR Falcon and I have now purchased a 2004 Holden VYII Calais L67 which will be my new daily. I have created a thread in the VY section but waiting for it to be approved so look out for it! I pick it up on the weekend and can't wait :D

Here is a photo of the VS ready for the trip up to Queensland a few weeks ago:

11059535_798863003565508_8786188757806471236_n.jpg

Last edited: