Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2004 GTO

itsme4g63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO
Hey guys, new member here, I own a 2004 GTO, been a long time fan, my friend had his since it was brand new and I knew I had to have one ever since. Its a 6 speed, wouldn't have it any other way, and has 57xxx miles. Drive it on the weekend mostly and just get her washed up/waxed/shammied/microfiber cloth dried and she stays sitting pretty in the garage. Enough of my ramblings:

here are the mods:
Fuel-
-Walboro 255 in tank
-#42 green top injectors
Motor-
-Svede OTR cold air intake
-Fast acting upgraded IAT sensor
-SLP MAF
-ported stock Tb had to get a new blade water jetted for it,
-ported intake
-243 heads tons of port work and welded chambers equates to 12.5:1 compression.
-TSP 228r camshaft on a 112 lsa
-TSP double roller timing chain
-Kooks longtubes 1-3/4" to SLP LM1 catback, originally catted mids but cut open and hollowed out
-DBA slotted rotors with NEW pads front and back
-B&M short throw shifter
-Skip shift eliminator
-Wideband on Apillar
-ARP head studs
-LS7 clutch/ PP/ and Flywheel
-Drag bags in rear springs with valve mounted in the trunk.
Appearance-
-OEM SAP grilles painted semi gloss black
-JHP lip spoiler for australia (where the car originates from the monaro) also painted semi gloss black
-trunk lid was welded and painted to cover the stock spoiler holes
-HIDs lows and fogs white low beams, yellow fogs
-DEPO tail lights from JHP
-fog relay cancel, normally when you turn the high beams on, the fogs turn off. I disabled it so the fogs stay on. It throws a ton of light on the road.

20121118_175756.jpg

20121118_175748.jpg

gto2.jpg

gto1.jpg

video of it running:

Aside from the mods in my list I installed Cadillac CTS-V 4 piston front brembos, which I designed the bracket kit for to work with a brembo friendly 32mm rotor. Same brembos as as in the VE redline/Camaro SS/Pontiac G8 GXP (I also designed 6 piston front/4 piston rear kits to work with vx/vy.vz.vt chassis). I was hellbent on getting it done to fit with these absurdly concave stock gto 17's, am unsure if you guys get these there as well. Stopping power has been greatly improved. Background pic is in front of the Field Museum here in Chicago.

17vbrembos2.jpg

17vbrembos22.jpg

17vbrembos21.jpg

17vbrembos23.jpg

I don't think the brake fluid has ever been changed prior to my install! It was super brown/dark! Word of advice if your car has over 50k on it change your brake fluid if you haven't done so already!

17vbrembos20.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dyno day dyno

Being as this is on a mustang dyno and not dynojet, which reads 10-15% higher, I think I am on par with my mods, (somewhere in the 430-440whp dynojet region)

-Damian

Last edited by a moderator:

itsme4g63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO
the front 4 piston brembos tucked under those 17's look/work well, but soon I will be installing 18's (oem 18" gto wheels) along with a full front 6/ 4 piston rear brembo kit which I've designed adapted kits for to fit the vy/vx/vz/vt platform. Can't make up my mind on the silver/yellow, or maybe just blast them a different color.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Nice monaro man! Good list of mods too. I get jealous of the prices you guys pay for your parts though. I was looking around some us sites and found cam, dual springs, chain, lifters and rods for around 2k. You can pay double for all that here haha. How much do you guys pay for a tune?

itsme4g63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO
Aye thanks. A proper dynotune costs 350-500 depending where you go to get it done. Mune was done by an individual street tuner which took his time and the dynograph reflects that since power keeps smoothly climbing without breakups, will post up a pic of dynosheet soon.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Sweet ass GTO man! Love it. Also so cool to have a Yank on here :beer chug:

itsme4g63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO
Aye Sorry for the long delay, heres the dyno sheet, mind you this is mustang dyno horsepower, which reads somewhere around 10-15% lower than your conventional dynojet, so I should be around the 430-440 range.

itsme4g63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO
I finally went about installing the BBK I've designed for VX/VU/VZ/VT/VY.

Along with changing all the fluids at the same time I also installed:

GMM RIPSHIFT RACE VERSION
SS braided brake lines
Arp wheels studs front/back - I think this is a worthwhile and a "must" modification
Black open-ended wheel nuts with locknut
18" Black Enkei Kojin 245 wide tire 8.5 +35 up front & 275 wide tire 9.5 +45 in the rear, tires are sumitomo HRZ3.
Black Aeroflow power steering reservious
Black Catchcan with custom mount

I ran at the tail of the dragon here in the states which is a famous twisty/curvy downhill road consiting of 318 corners through its 11 mile length in the mountains of Tennessee, with a passenger and loaded up with gear the brakes performed flawlessly and only smokes for about 10 seconds once we finally got to the bottom, the other gtos in our group had the factory brakes literally smoking/boiling/sizzling for for 5+minutes.

Some pics show the car with the drag bags pumped up looking like a truck.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Loving the wheels and those brake pop great just need to be more lower and your set.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Awesome car mate, looks great

And ss-rex I dont think he can lower it much more lol, see the poke on those tyres?

Sent using Android ForumReader app

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Aye thanks. A proper dynotune costs 350-500 depending where you go to get it done. Mune was done by an individual street tuner which took his time and the dynograph reflects that since power keeps smoothly climbing without breakups, will post up a pic of dynosheet soon.

A good tune for us Kiwis costs between $1150 and $1550.