Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VZ SS 6L Manual ute! (never dial-up friendly)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I would but it wouldn't fit around the OTR. It might if i cut it to shape but not sure.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
yeah mate have to cut to shame i did mine took around an hour to get it right but looks good

Yeah maybe, I don't really have anything that would be sharp enough to cut it while not cracking it all like side-cutters.

Another small update for the stereo, swapped out my bass remote and bought a PAC-LC1 'bass' remote. Basically it fits inline on your RCA cables, and works more as an 'amp remote' than a bass remote. On the current remote, you turn down the bass knob and it puts the extra bass down to 0, but the sub still plays alot of noise. Now with the new remote, if i put the dial at half, the complete amp only puts out half the signal.

It's basically a gain remote..

lc1.jpg

Seems the more i drive this car I already want more power lol. I hope i don't talk myself into a camshaft before i get my dirt bike :D

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
coping saw and a file then :p

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well I CBF going out to check but i took out the centre sub box and put one behind the seat - the sub touches my seat when playing fairly loud but i can deal with it, i was sick of elbowing the subwoofer box.

On that note, I've ordered a short-shifter which will either come tomorrow or Monday. Finally going to do a full engine/gearbox service and get that all good too.

I ordered new springs as they sent the wrong springs - hopefully this time it'll raise my car just enough for it not to scrape on my driveway.. Here's to wishful thinking.

Also been looking at camshaft kits, I'd love to go a VCM 7 but i just feel it'll be surging too much in traffic, so i'm turning towards a VCM 12.

For people curious:
VCM 7 232/234 @ 112LSA - 2500 to 7000RPM
VCM 12 227/227 @ 112LSA - 2200 to 6800RPM

VCM 12 is more comfortable as a daily as it has that slightly lower rev range, but it still will pull 300+ RWKW so hopefully that keeps me settled for a while!

Lastly, bought some touch up paint and touched up the door handles on both sides and fuel flap. It's not perfect but defintely looks better.

Last edited: