Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 66' impala hardtop :)

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
how much for replacement panels for the impala if things werent to turn out as you were expecting? if its not too expensive i say do it and figure out how good they look
you never learn anything from doing nothing lol

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
oh for real ?! this has made my day! haha...it shall be done. Thanks ari!

i wouldnt though, youll realise how important those little suckers are when someone sideswipes you on the freeway. also in heavy traffic and you need to squeeze in a small gap, its literally just shut your eyes and pray.

how much for replacement panels for the impala

no such thing as "replacement panels" so "if something goes wrong" isnt an option.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
i wouldnt though, youll realise how important those little suckers are when someone sideswipes you on the freeway. also in heavy traffic and you need to squeeze in a small gap, its literally just shut your eyes and pray. .

You make a fair point. back to the drawing board then!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
just do something like what im planning, keep your eyes and ears open for a style that you like then make it fit. there are no rules as to position and colour for pre-ADR cars, but i just want to be ADR specific with my own so the day with the engineer is a pleasant one.

yeah think that might be the go ari, harder finding a style to suit rear indicators on a wagon though as most cars don't have rear side indicators haha.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
harder finding a style to suit rear indicators on a wagon

ooooh, you talking rears? are they factory fitted? the rules get interesting when they are factory fitted, because VSB14 takes over, which means you can only replace them with something ADR and will probably need a cert. you can never lessen the safety features of a car. so for example, i upgraded to disc brakes on my car, never came fitted with discs so need an engineer, the turbo 700 never came on my car so need an engineer, etc etc etc.

think the list of things my engineer needs to approve is about 4 miles long :p

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
thanks jonesy:
ari%20ve%20side%20indicators.jpg

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
ooooh, you talking rears? are they factory fitted? the rules get interesting when they are factory fitted, because VSB14 takes over, which means you can only replace them with something ADR and will probably need a cert. you can never lessen the safety features of a car. so for example, i upgraded to disc brakes on my car, never came fitted with discs so need an engineer, the turbo 700 never came on my car so need an engineer, etc etc etc.

think the list of things my engineer needs to approve is about 4 miles long :p

yeah factory fitted rear indicators on the HZ wagon, i posted a pic in my build thread of what im looking at replacing them with :) i think it should turn out okay haha.
cheers for the advice ari :)

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Funnily enough, I've been thinking the same thing for a long time, too many people just can't see your indicators unless behind it in front, as you say, close your eyes and pray or take your eyes off the road to watch for the Asian in her Toyota next to you.
I'll be watching, cos I can't think of anything that'll suit the side.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Don't ruin a good story with the truth.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I'm actually surprised how well the VE indicators suit the lines of the Impala.