Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 66' impala hardtop :)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
indicators on the mirrors?

or just some flat square ones (like VR square, but clear)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
ok, so im seriously condidering fitting side indicators on my guards, simply for safety reasons. when you change lanes on the freeway and there is a car in the far lane, youre never sure if they are gonna see you gettting closer or not and ive had quite a few near misses before. soooo VE indicators have always taken my fancy:
125837d1316935356-ve-side-flute-indicators-25237060016_large.jpg

its kinda like a modern touch on an old car. BUT i know a lot of people will disagree, what i would like is links to pics and the make/model they are off, or an aftermarket brand that is ADR approved and would suit.

k go!

a photoshop would be good ;)

id be trying to graft/fabricate a couple of tiny led's into your mirrors. i dont think anything could look worse on a classic car than putting in some modern plastic crap on the guards... yuck.... just my opinion though

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Get some big paddle boards on either side like the school buses. Problem solved.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i believe ari is trying to get people to see where he is indicating from the next to the car..those mirrors won't work.

id still even try for modding something so the front of the mirror lights up, anything to avoid cutting and welding some range rover sport looking things into the guards...

edit: also ari, if your dead set on doing it instead of cutting up new guards i throw half a dozen ve guards in the scrap heap a week with only damage in the front. ill snag you a pair..

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
What about how some of the older Nissans (I'm sure other makes as well) had the indicators on top of the bonnet at the very corners? As well as down on the front and rear bumper.

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
The guys on the bimmer forum's use chrome coated bulbs (still light up orange), You could do a stealth install of them into the chrome strip that runs the length of the body? (Can't remember if you still have that on or not)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
erm I never had any chrome strips. I priced them at 800 bucks so never got them

I saw those mirrors in my searches but they are totally not what im after. they don't have any side direction field of view at all, all they will be is another reminder to me that the cancel cam in my steering wheel is still naff.

im sure ive seen the VE indicators with chrome trimming... am I dreaming?

the lights on the tip of the guard are not my thing in the slightest. nope no no.

I really think they will look quite good. ive got a scaled pic in another thread that ill print off tomorrow and draw out the lines to scale on the guard and have a deeper think about it. the only thing im worried about is that the flutes are designed for a body line that slopes down into the wheel arch, and my body line runs straight all the way to the rear of the car. so it may actually look really ****.

im not sold on the idea just yet. there is always it smallllll point that VE guards are made of high carbon steel and my guards are just mild steel, so trying to fuse the two is gonna be TOUGH without warping anything.