Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Custom SSV Grille.....opinions??

MUT4NT

RatRod Gem Wagon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH international// Gemini Wagon
hmmm they look cool as!!! wonder if could do something like that to a WH haha

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
nice way to wreck nice looking factory grille and make it look like nasty backyard job...

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Not sure if it works as well as the stock, but it is definitely something that sets it apart from all the stockies running around. I personally wouldn't do it though.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
you should have just removed the lion badge and put the ssv badge in its place. that would look more professional than replacing the grille with ricer mesh but if your happy with your work thats ok.thats what customising is all about.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Doesn't look bad at all! I would like to see a head on view but further out as in capture the whole front end of the car not as a close up view. I think there was someone who had something similar to this a while ago I stumbled across on he had his ssv logo offset to one side which i liked. i noticed in the last photo you haven't down the lower grill will that be next on the job list?

thanks mate, yeah i do plan on doing the lower grille when i get a chance. And yes you are right, the one you have seen before is the one i was talking about. With the SSV badge to the right and slightly below centre. I will try and get more photos on soon. For some reason some of the photos are uploading and other just wont.....

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Look forward to seeing more images. You could try putting them on an image hosting website like imgur.com, that might be easier.
might try chuck em on my flickr and see if i can get them on that way.....thanks

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
you should have just removed the lion badge and put the ssv badge in its place. that would look more professional than replacing the grille with ricer mesh but if your happy with your work thats ok.thats what customising is all about.
well unfortunately that isnt really an option as the space behind the lion badge isnt honeycombed. just a flat piece of plastic. Would look very out of place......

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Very neat, I like it but it does look that the badge has "just been put there" I mean I like it a lot but that's just my honest opinion. I dunno if whether if the badge itself is too big and or it needs to be offset even more.. or just have it in the center... Can the badge be removed an reinstalled easily? or is it fixed now? other than that looks great and its something different which I like. Good job.