Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VT calais : )

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais International S/C
Can you post a pic of it "unbagged" then? lol **** I am definitely old as I don't like that look much at all(hey im nearly 48 so shoot me).Only way ill ever get airbagged is if I have a big front end stack....

Its a nice looking car and looks in great nick don't get me wrong but I liked the rims you had on it about 18 changes ago lmao (ssv 19's).20 x 10's are certain defect material too I assume? ohh to be young again :smoking:

good job though,you look after it well.

hahaha nah definitely not for everyone dude, My old man (bit older then yourself) is always complaining about it but I think deep down he loves it :p I really do like the SSV's but just wanted something more showy and stand out a lot more and the 20x10's definitely do that! I'll take a few photos at my drive height (standard basically) and then lowered a little then lowered a bit more for ya tomorrow dude.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! At the end of the day we all have different tastes and styles but we are all car guys and to appreciate someone elses work is what counts!

Slightly agreeing with Kingy in Perth there.
They are slick rims though, and maybe a wee whitewall would look mad.
On the other hand they might be a bit over the top? Not sure. This is pretty much where I agree with Kingyinperth. But that's about it.
Those SSV's are nice though and LOL 18 changes ago haha!
You got any random sets of wheels sitting around going spare? :p

hahaha yeah like I said I wanted something a bit over the top to stand out a bit :) hahaha yeah I've had a few wheels but I'm definitely a fan of these!
I've got 2 sets of internationals (ones original from this car), some random set of 20's, clean ceptors and a few other ods and ends :p

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
1939165_10152192640701211_2059870960_o.jpg
1969520_10152192640716211_1980527319_o.jpg
10248807_1482145981997779_1641714450_n.jpg

hi guys, few more snaps and a bit more info on the calais
ended up fitting a new exhaust system (twin 2 1/2 inch system)
replacing the boot lid
replacing the front seats with wh statesman seats!

decided to keep the calaia and go crazy! LS1 and respray for now but we'll see what happesns next!

xVTx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
such sexy.. How do the venetians go with vision out the rear window ? can you still see like normal ect.. ? thinking of getting one.

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
such sexy.. How do the venetians go with vision out the rear window ? can you still see like normal ect.. ? thinking of getting one.

thanks mate

they're pretty good dude, not as good as no venetians but still pretty good! only thing I've found is mine are painted white so sometimes the reflection of them reflects on the glass making it harder to see but other then that for the most part it's pretty good haha

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't know why I have a urge to update this whenever I've come home from a night on the piss but oh well, HEY!
Currently got a daily so I'm having a lot of time to muck around with the calais as it just sits in the garage, Latest update would have to be the new Alpine double din head unit, awesome little thing that plays dvd's and all that jazz. Also managed to ditch the pioneer subs and pick up two rocksford fosgates which look a lot better (show pony life). going to get started on the boot install soon I reckon.
As my gauges for the bags were above the head unit (single din) I decided to relocate them into the little stuff holder compartment thingy under neath the head unit which was my original plan but ran out of time when doing the bags. Looks awesome, wrapped it in carbon fiber wrap but thinking of going gloss black snake skin and now there is nothing to do with the bags is in sight. Also got a genuine piano black facia so I'm happy with that, through up a quick photo but I'll get some better ones.

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys,
Massive up date for the calais, I sold the motor! decided to go LS1 and bought a complete LS1 vx calais that was written off, should be in and running soon but still mid way through the conversion. I also got some new plates [SLAMDD] very fitting for the car :p and graphed in a VT senator front grill sprayed satain black to still give the look of a calais.