Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my pedders report hmmmmmmmmm will you guys except a check !!!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
To the OP, mate go to Fulcrum at Stafford, top lads there. Have always been honest and always willing to prove something is bad if they say its bad.

I had issues with the rear end of my car, they said its one of the rear bushes, then took me into the workshop, put me on a crawler, got me under the car and pointed out the problem, yep, bush was screwed.

They have always treated me fairly, prices are quite reasonable, and thier Super-Pro bushes are top shelf (if you need them).

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Blue bush>red bush any day of the week haha

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Touche good sir haha

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I had noises coming from my 06' Calais rear suspension. Rather squeaky sounding noises when over speed humps and the likes. Took it to Holden for assessment and they come back to me saying 'nothing found'. Asked for the workshop supervisor to come to the front counter and he looked at the paperwork (not the car) and maintained that same position on the matter. Told him to get in the passenger seat and I will take him for a drive (which he did) and within 20 meters of leaving the dealership the noise struck.

Me: "How the f**k did the 'mechanic' miss that awful squeal?"
Supervisor: "F**ked if I know."

The problem was fixed the next day. New springs or something like that.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Also have recently spent $700 on my front suspension at Northern Suspension in Thomastown (which used to trade as Pedders Suspension). I presume they left Pedders as a franchise cause of all the trouble the others were making.

This mob seems to be okay as I have never had any problems with their work before.

Calais had only done 145,000km at this stage. Replaced the front strut bearings, both shockers and D bushes. New wheel alignment.

Holden 'changed' the strut bearings under warranty about a 18 months ago at about 80,000km but after removing them from the car recently a second time it was obvious this wasn't done at all :upyours:

Been driving ace since then.

ss_ute_boi

beer-arch
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ss-v commodore
thanks for all the posts, going to take it another place today over brendale will keep you posted

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I can't speak highly enough of peddars given my experience with them. I had my VS with a camber kit to 4 different places to get an alignment before I got recommended to a peddars joint about half an hour away from me. The previous places couldn't even do an alignment that made the wheels look straight to the naked eye. My car had a mind of its own and used to dart off the road sharply when I went over bumps, pulled to the right, had vibrations, handled like balls, used to rip the wheel out of my hand when I broke etc.
I Spent hundreds on alignments and no-one could get it right. Peddars fixed it first go so I don't care if they're a bit pricey

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I can't speak highly enough of peddars given my experience with them. I had my VS with a camber kit to 4 different places to get an alignment before I got recommended to a peddars joint about half an hour away from me. The previous places couldn't even do an alignment that made the wheels look straight to the naked eye. My car had a mind of its own and used to dart off the road sharply when I went over bumps, pulled to the right, had vibrations, handled like balls, used to rip the wheel out of my hand when I broke etc.
I Spent hundreds on alignments and no-one could get it right. Peddars fixed it first go so I don't care if they're a bit pricey
Must be the only person on the planet to have a good experience at Pedders. I think they've burnt everyone else at some stage.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Must be the only person on the planet to have a good experience at Pedders. I think they've burnt everyone else at some stage.

Franchises, one can be the best suspension shop you'll ever deal with, and the next will be some unqualified dumbasses with spanners. The Pedders up here in Capalaba was great for me.