Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S2 Berlina

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Finally got around to checking out your ride mate, let me say big fan of the black!
Great car to have on your L's, how long til you get your P's??

All I can say is drive it carefully, (when you get your P's) they are powerful enough to get you into trouble!

Good effort with the foot rest too! how much extra did they want??

P.S. Can I have your crome number plate surround??!!! lmao...

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Finally got around to checking out your ride mate, let me say big fan of the black!
Great car to have on your L's, how long til you get your P's??

All I can say is drive it carefully, (when you get your P's) they are powerful enough to get you into trouble!

Good effort with the foot rest too! how much extra did they want??

P.S. Can I have your chrome number plate surround??!!! lmao...

Black is the single greatest colour when clean but impossible to keep clean for more than 10mins.

It is one of the best car's I could have hoped for on my L's and P's and I get my P's in July so not long now. When I get my P's I intend on not speeding or anything hoonish because:

- Tyres are damn expensive
- I'd like to hold onto my licence
- Gearbox repair doesn't seem to be on my to-do list and I intend on keeping it that way
- Parents would kill me if I did anything

The footrest was an awesome pick up if I can say so myself. They wanted $50-$55 for it. Is ebay falling into the credit crunch, I don't know :whistling

The chrome number plate surround is going to permanently remain on the car sorry :p. I'm sure they can't be too expensive but having said that...

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Forgot to take some pics so here's the best one I've got. I'll replace when I get time to take a few better ones.

Attachments

• P010509_17.39.JPG
    P010509_17.39.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 284

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Yeah they look heaps better than the normal black rubbers. I do really need to vacuum the car. That was one of the reasons I didn't post this image when I took it.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL!! hahaha, MOST times I take photos, I try and make sure the car looks it best too,

Sorry for mentioning it, had to!

(mine probly looks the same at the moment anyway, haha)

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
lol.. good excuse. I might use that one :p.

What are peoples views on strut braces? Worth it? Do they improve the handling at all or just look good in the bay? I've seen a few on ebay but the postage is almost as much as the bar itself. Where would people suggest I get one? They're all the same right?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strut braces... from what I've heard they do stiffen up the front end quite a bit - through the corners...

If you like 'spirited' driving, it'd probly be worth getting, but im not sure how much they do,
My mate had one on his VP, and he said it made it rock solid compaired to without it on.. he rekons it was worth getting, but I've haven't had one on my cars yet..

Im not too sure where to pick one up, are there any local on ebay?? pickup..
Maybe Ricerbarn, or somewhere like that, they could probly order one in, or even a suspension joint, pedders, selby, etc... would probly cost a bit more than ebay though,